The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

RAF Transports

Post all your own Military AI projects here from days gone by.
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: RAF Transports

Post by delbydoo »

Unfortunately my broadband died on me last night so I won't be able to upload Benson just yet, but talktalk have said that I should be back online later today. To compound things even further, Brians internet is being serviced as well so therefore there is nothing he can do from his end either. Sorry for the delay folks but we'll get it to you ASAP.

Sent from my GT-I9300
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

Righty-ho, crisis averted, now up and running and Benson has been uploaded to avsim, so should be available later today (bc_benson_70.zip) EDITED FILENAME
TTFN
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi Daryl

Re: Benson.

The readme says there is a folder named effects, except there isn't. Is this a typo or was it left out during packaging stage?

Cheers

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

It's a little of both really a typo and an omission - apologies for that. The only effect used here is Stew Pearsons light effect "fx_ApronLightsYellow100m_SP" which is included with some of Stewarts scenery, but unfortunately is not referenced in the readme, for which I, as final checker and packager, take total responsibility for. Hand slapped. :oops:
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

Thanks Daryl, great scenery BTW and love the Argosies

Cheers
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

VulcanDriver wrote:Thanks Daryl, great scenery BTW and love the Argosies

Cheers
Thanks, but all credit to Brian & John, they did all the hard work :D
Sonarboy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Sonarboy »

Thanks for doing a great job Daryl. I think everything went wrong that could go wrong with the internet system for both of us when it was most needed.

The day of the upload to Avsim, telephone line engineers kindly descended on our small estate to replace the wiring after two weeks of very little service.

The effects file in the readme relates to Stewart Pearsons Apron night lighting effects. Those that wish it can download it from the below link.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=7 ... FED%212422

Also I am indebted to John Young for giving me the chance to nominate an AI model that he would design especially for the scenery I was working on.

For a novice such as me it was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Not only did John do that but also gave some invaluable advice on scenery design. Due to the Object Libraries being a little restricted for RAF building John also allowed me to use some buildings he had designed. T2 Hangar, Buildings, Microwave tower and most importantly the Apron lighting gantries.

The change in the scenery was immediate. His Argosy's are outstanding and a testament to his design skills and dedication to authenticity.

So a massive thank you to Daryl Payne for the testing, allowing Retro RAF Benson to be born and John Young for his outstanding work.

It just leaves me to say happy flying and hope you enjoy the scenery.

Brian

:D :D :D