The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Russian Bases

Post all your own Military AI projects here from days gone by.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Russian Bases

Post by VulcanDriver »

Where is a good source of Russian Airbases. I need homes for Mike P's lovely creations :D
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
leuen
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Re: Russian Bases

Post by leuen »

Do you mean Russian or Soviet air bases? Even if they mostly are the same, it isn't quite the same period.

Bernard
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by petebramley »

Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

leuen wrote:Do you mean Russian or Soviet air bases? Even if they mostly are the same, it isn't quite the same period.

Bernard

Good point Bernard, Soviet era. :D
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Wow thanks for that.
John

leuen
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by leuen »

Here is a very interesting website:

http://www.ww2.dk/new/newindex.htm

If you go through the differnet subjects, you will finally get informations about which units have been assigned to which air bases and with which airfcraft types at which period. The data seem to be reliable. Anyway, all lists available elsewhere are mostly focused on post-Soviet era.

I collected all informations of end the Fifties / beginning the Sixties. It took about two weeks to found the corresponding ICAO codes, as several airfields have menawhile changed their names. I still have list of about 30 airfields, which I couldn't locate behind the Iron Curtain. As a lot of airfields are just shown as a simple default runways in FS9, I had to download over ninety sceneries at Avsim.rus to allow an AI traffic at all air bases. Fortunately numberous Russian airports still look like they did in the Sixties.

Bernard

VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Very impressive work. Thank you very much Bernard a great help.
John