The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Years Ago At VXN-8

Post all your own Military AI projects here from days gone by.
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Years Ago At VXN-8

Post by Joecoastie »

Been spending some time over at SOH forum painting a few textures for the recently released KBT P-3.
The only thing wrong with UI aircraft is you can just see one at a time.
It finally dawned on me (slap forehead) paint up the planes for AI.
Just to show I haven't abandoned MAIW, here's my recent post from the SOH forum.

"I am just finishing up the final flight plan for all four VXN-8 P3's in AI form.
I have all four of the P-3's painted on the JBAI P-3 and have got flight plans for them flying in CONUS.
They will fly from Pax at various times during the week so you may meet up with them at various NAS across the states.
The only time they are all together at Pax is on a Sunday.
I've just about finished flight plans for elsewhere in the world for all four also. These flights are representative of where the
project birds were flown. One flies in the Arctic, one flies around the Atlantic - S. America - Africa - Med, one flies
"down-under' and the World Traveler flies 'round the world. Should be able to upload the flight plans and paints shortly."

The ramp at NAS Patuxent River on a Sunday afternoon.

Also finishing up my old squadron of SH-3A's paints and plans.
Service to my Country 9/61 - 2/03
US Navy - HS-3, VX-1, HS-7 (USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown)
Va National Guard - 229th Cbt Avn Co
US Coast Guard - E City CGAS, CGC Morro Bay, RTC Yorktown
NOAA - Co-op Observer 1983 - present
Don H
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Years Ago At VXN-8

Post by Don H »

Will be watching for this one, Joecoastie. Looks like a very nice addition to my Silverwings setup.

Thank you for the beautiful work. :smt006
Don H
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

VXN-8 aircraft diverts.

Post by Joecoastie »

Originally on one of my flight plans, the P-3 flies from Sigonella (LICZ) to Landivisiau (LFRJ). However I had to give up and divert to Naval Station Rota Spain (LERT). No matter what I tried I could not get the aircraft to show up at LFRJ. The flight plan checked sat many times. I examined the AFCAD for LFRJ closely - no open links, parking available, parking spots sized correctly, etc. The AFCAD is good as the French Rafales come and go. Looked at Sig and watched P-3 take off, went to CFB Greenwood (next airport after LFRJ) and watched the landing. I even made up a flight plan for the P-3 from Brest (LFRB) to LFRJ that ran every two hours and the P-3 didn't show at either airport. (maybe the crew didn't have their passports ? - nope, mil don't need pasports. ID cards should be okay. :lol: )

So I diverted to Rota. P-3 shows up on time. All I did was swap LERT for LFRJ in the flight plan, didn't even change the times and the plane showed up. :? This one has me stumped.

I will get this set of planes and flight plans posted on AVSIM and Flightsim later today. :smt006
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Beta Test VXN-8

Post by Joecoastie »

It's been zipped and sent to Avsim & FlightSim.
Don H
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: VXN-8 aircraft diverts.

Post by Don H »

Joecoastie wrote:Originally on one of my flight plans, the P-3 flies from Sigonella (LICZ) to Landivisiau (LFRJ). However I had to give up and divert to Naval Station Rota Spain (LERT). No matter what I tried I could not get the aircraft to show up at LFRJ. The flight plan checked sat many times. I examined the AFCAD for LFRJ closely - no open links, parking available, parking spots sized correctly, etc. The AFCAD is good as the French Rafales come and go. Looked at Sig and watched P-3 take off, went to CFB Greenwood (next airport after LFRJ) and watched the landing. I even made up a flight plan for the P-3 from Brest (LFRB) to LFRJ that ran every two hours and the P-3 didn't show at either airport. (maybe the crew didn't have their passports ? - nope, mil don't need pasports. ID cards should be okay. :lol: )

So I diverted to Rota. P-3 shows up on time. All I did was swap LERT for LFRJ in the flight plan, didn't even change the times and the plane showed up. :? This one has me stumped.

I will get this set of planes and flight plans posted on AVSIM and Flightsim later today. :smt006
Just got it downloaded, but don't know when I will get to try it out. Thanks for getting these airborne. :smt006
Don H