The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Somewhere in Wales

Post all your own Military AI projects here from days gone by.
Dinga69
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Somewhere in Wales

Post by Dinga69 »

A few years ago I downloaded the SimSkunkworks RAE Llanbedr package. The readme suggests using UI models (Some are old FS2002 models if I recall correctly)!! instead of pure AI. As a lot of these models are now availabe in AI format, I decided to give them a makeover. Firstly thanks to the model creators - John Young for the latest models ( Canberra and Sea Vixen), Nick Black for the Hawks, and Dee Waldron for the PA-31! Yes, I know the Sea Vixen didn't have a refuel probe, but I can't alpha this out like the drop tanks, without losing the wing fences!! The colours are all colour-matched to the rest of my work, so when I release them, feel free to tone down to what you need! I know Daryl's Raspberry Ripples are a different hue. I've still a few tweaks to make and would like to add a little shine with the alpha channels! The Sea Vixen and Canberra were pigs to paint, getting everything lined up, but I think they're there now. If you see anything glaringly obvious, please let me know, but meanwhile, here's a few shots to whet your appetite - The PA-31 screenie will follow later :wink:

John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Somewhere in Wales

Post by John Young »

Those paints look gorgeous. I had to look carefully to confirm they were my models. Very well done indeed and thanks for the value-add.

John
Chrisb
Major
Major

Post by Chrisb »

What a good idea. I shall look forward to the release.

Chris
Dinga69
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Dinga69 »

Thanks for the compliment John, but if truth be told, I wouldn't even attempted these if it wasn't for your paintkits!! If sometime in the future you make a Meteor and a Dove - I'll paint them up too :D