The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Swedish Army Aviation

Post all your own Military AI projects here from days gone by.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Swedish Army Aviation

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi All

Does anyone know where the Armen based its FPL61 aircraft when they were in service.

TIA

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Re: Swedish Army Aviation

Post by campbeme »

VulcanDriver wrote:Hi All

Does anyone know where the Armen based its FPL61 aircraft when they were in service.

TIA

John
Hi John, I think it was Kallinge ESDF.
Mark
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Thanks mate, most useful.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FS9

Post by Stewart Pearson »

John,

Some details including pictures here;

http://www.avrosys.nu/aircraft/Mod_arme ... 1Fpl61.htm

They were serials 61061 -61080
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

John, I'd use Stewarts info it's better than what I found. :D
Mark
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi Both

I used that website for the serials etc. It speaks of the air force trainers that were based at F5 but not where the army ones were based. I know the air force ski equipped ones were at ESPA for winter training.

The Kallinge website doesn't mention any army activity or use of the SK61 or its army equivalent the FPL61 as it was always been an air force base.

Slightly stumped!

Cheers

John
John

campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

VulcanDriver wrote:Hi Both

I used that website for the serials etc. It speaks of the air force trainers that were based at F5 but not where the army ones were based. I know the air force ski equipped ones were at ESPA for winter training.

The Kallinge website doesn't mention any army activity or use of the SK61 or its army equivalent the FPL61 as it was always been an air force base.

Slightly stumped!

Cheers

John
Where's Marco when you need him?
Mark
Chrisb
Major
Major

Post by Chrisb »

In a World Air Power Journal, No5 Spring 91, it says 'currently the Army has two main units, the operational unit at Boden and the training unit at Linkoping-Malmen. Training is undertaken on Bulldogs for fixed wing and Hughes 300s for rotary wing. Further Hughes 300s will be delivered allowing the transfer of the Bulldogs to the Flygvapen to replace Safirs on comms duties.

It shows the Fpl61 as being under Flygskola 2 at Malmen.

Is that any help?

Chris
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Well done Chris.

That's why MAIW is such a fantastic group......................................somebody can always dig up the answer.
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Chrisb wrote:In a World Air Power Journal, No5 Spring 91, it says 'currently the Army has two main units, the operational unit at Boden and the training unit at Linkoping-Malmen. Training is undertaken on Bulldogs for fixed wing and Hughes 300s for rotary wing. Further Hughes 300s will be delivered allowing the transfer of the Bulldogs to the Flygvapen to replace Safirs on comms duties.

It shows the Fpl61 as being under Flygskola 2 at Malmen.

Is that any help?

Chris
Wow, that's what I need thanks Chris :D

John
John

VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Linkoping-Malmen is on the list to be made by RB Design but Boden is closed so its not being made. What I propose is to do a basic afcad and if anyone wants to add the scenery they can for Boden, clear images on GE.

So my FPL61s have somewhere to fly from and to.

John
John

Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Sounds like a plan John. :wink:
Stew