The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Most wanted AI aircraft poll resetted

Essential flight simulator tools, by Martin Gossmann
http://www.owlsnest.eu
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Re: Most wanted AI aircraft poll resetted

Post by gsnde »

I know that 5-6 on that list are either being actively developed or are at least on somebodies plan. But I won't tell which :smt002
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by Weescotty »

mikewmac wrote:
BadPvtDan wrote:I have never even heard a sniff of those being thought about beyond the B52 and I don't think that one will be done.
LEBTowerGuy wrote:A long long time ago I think someone started a V22, but couldn't get it to work right.
Dan & Matt,

I developed initial prototype AI FDE's for both an AI B-52 and V-22 before the developers mothballed those projects. I thought they were both coming along quite well at the time, but then I am not an AI model developer. :lol: :wink:
May re-visit the V-22 sometime.
Problem is having to use the default hideous nav/beacon/strobe lights, so they move with the aircraft when it goes into a hover.
Wasn't your FDE, it 'flew' very well.

In FSX you can use attachpoints for effects, but these no workee with FS9.
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

Weescotty wrote:
mikewmac wrote:
BadPvtDan wrote:I have never even heard a sniff of those being thought about beyond the B52 and I don't think that one will be done.
LEBTowerGuy wrote:A long long time ago I think someone started a V22, but couldn't get it to work right.
Dan & Matt,

I developed initial prototype AI FDE's for both an AI B-52 and V-22 before the developers mothballed those projects. I thought they were both coming along quite well at the time, but then I am not an AI model developer. :lol: :wink:
May re-visit the V-22 sometime.
Problem is having to use the default hideous nav/beacon/strobe lights, so they move with the aircraft when it goes into a hover.
Wasn't your FDE, it 'flew' very well.

In FSX you can use attachpoints for effects, but these no workee with FS9.
Kevin,

I dug your KRAI MV-22 Osprey model out today and watched it fly VFR circuits around KBTV. It certainly has the makings of an outstanding AI model and is a joy to watch takeoff, fly and land. :D

The lights for a hover model are a real problem, but I think your original model with my rolling takeoff and instant stop landing AI FDE would be greatly appreciated by users. I compromised on the location of the engine nacelle nav lights by finding the pivot point for the engine rotation and placing them there so they don't appear to move when the engines rotate. All the other lights I placed accurately and they look great. :wink:

Whenever you are ready to finish this baby up, I'm at your service. :)
Last edited by mikewmac on 10 Dec 2012, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.
    Mike M.
    gsnde
    MAIW Admin
    MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

mikewmac wrote: ...but I think your original rolling takeoff and instant stop landing model would be greatly appreciated by users...

Ooooh you can bet on that !!!!! :smt003
    Cheers,
    Martin
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by miljan »

I really want to know who is voting for Fiat G.91 Gina??? :)
    VIVA LA VIDA
    Weescotty
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by Weescotty »

mikewmac wrote: I dug your KRAI MV-22 Osprey model out today and watched it fly VFR circuits around KBTV. It certainly has the makings of an outstanding AI model and is a joy to watch takeoff, fly and land. :D

The lights for a hover model are a real problem, but I think your original model with my rolling takeoff and instant stop landing AI FDE would be greatly appreciated by users. I compromised on the location of the engine nacelle nav lights by finding the pivot point for the engine rotation and placing them there so they don't appear to move when the engines rotate. All the other lights I placed accurately and they look great. :wink:

Whenever you are ready to finish this baby up, I'm at your service. :)
    Yeah the hover model is the major issue, as you know effects lights are 'fixed' in FS9, so they stay where they are when it goes into a hover.
    The only solution is to use the default FS9 model lights which look absolutely HIDEOUS, or skip a hover model and stay with a STOL one.
    Chrisb
    Major
    Major

Post by Chrisb »

Kevin,

Or skip the lights on the moving bits. Who is going to watch it at night?

Chris
    Weescotty
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by Weescotty »

Chrisb wrote:Kevin,

Or skip the lights on the moving bits. Who is going to watch it at night?

Chris
    Wouldn't work.
    HAVE to move the whole model upwards to get a hover, so would have to skip ALL lights.
    Firebird
    MAIW Admin
    MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I think, and I could be wrong here, that Nick was developing an idea to improve the default lights that are a bit over the top.

I believe the principle was that he would bury them a bit further into the wing/moving part and place effectively a very small canopy where the light actually sits. I believe the idea is that it tones it down.

I can't remember how far he got with it but it might be worth playing around with. If successful the same principle can be applied to helos with the animation.
    Steve
    TheFoufure
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Not in the poll, but a welcome model would be the F-16. A new shape with all model (blck 52 etc). The one from HTAI is very good and there are plenty of repaint. So the new one could use the same texture set, but it'll be some new versions... a dream finally ;-)
    campbeme
    MAIW Staff
    MAIW Staff
    Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

TheFoufure wrote:Not in the poll, but a welcome model would be the F-16. A new shape with all model (blck 52 etc). The one from HTAI is very good and there are plenty of repaint. So the new one could use the same texture set, but it'll be some new versions... a dream finally ;-)
    So many of us share that dream.
    Mark
    miljan
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by miljan »

It is not very easy to make new model but to share same old paintkit.But why not to make people busy with making all those repaints again :D
    VIVA LA VIDA
    gsnde
    MAIW Admin
    MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

I had many requests lately to please add this and that aircraft to the poll. It took me some time because I had to figure out how to preserve the results AND add new candidates AND keep the alphabetically order. Well, I managed finally.

Check it out here and make your vote. Naturally, no designer ever go and look there, so it is just for my pleasure :smt002
    Cheers,
    Martin
    MAIW Veteran
    MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Martin,

I can report that No.4 in your list of priorities on there is in my list, in fact next in my list.

Just gathering reference material for it now.

Nick
    "Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
    gsnde
    MAIW Admin
    MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

There are two possible views on this list - before voting and after voting :smt003

Number 4 on the list before voting is the Avro 696 Shackleton. This one I have added for me; you making that model would make me glad. Such a nice looking aircraft!

But deep in my heart I know you are referring to the result list, which would make that the A400, and I appreciate this one just as well, Nick :smt002
    Cheers,
    Martin
    MAIW Veteran
    MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

gsnde wrote:There are two possible views on this list - before voting and after voting :smt003

Number 4 on the list before voting is the Avro 696 Shackleton. This one I have added for me; you making that model would make me glad. Such a nice looking aircraft!

But deep in my heart I know you are referring to the result list, which would make that the A400, and I appreciate this one just as well, Nick :smt002
    Haha, maybe I'll keep you guessing then.

Nick
    "Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
    gsnde
    MAIW Admin
    MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

I have updated the status of many aircraft in the most wanted military AI aicraft poll. 13 candidates are available now, another 15(!) are in development. Some others might be as well, but I am not at liberty to say... :smt003

Do you think the list should be cleaned of the available aircraft or should they be left in in order to see the history and generate hope :smt002 ?
    Mind you - I might not be able to remove anything without resetting the poll.

By the way - I just added several aircraft that are in development and have been officially announced.

If you have some aircraft that you miss tell me - I will add it.
    Cheers,
    Martin
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Hi Martin, having mentioned them in another post, I'd like to see Me-262 and the Mosquito. :wink:

Giorgio

P.S. a little error, AMX- Ghibli, not Gibli :D
    gsnde
    MAIW Admin
    MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Thanks for reminding me, Giorgio. I have added the Mosquito and Me 262 and corrected the spelling error. Go make your vote :-)
    Cheers,
    Martin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Martin, outside of the V-22 (which I do agree with), no other rotary models in development or wanted?

Bell UH-1 (in development)
    Bell AH-1
    Bell Jetranger series (?)
    MD/Hughes 500 series
    Sikorsky H-53 series
    Sikorsky H-60 series (in development)
    DUSTOFF
    ARMY PROPS
    NAVY SAR

-Chris