The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

AI Aircraft Editor - planned update

Essential flight simulator tools, by Martin Gossmann
http://www.owlsnest.eu
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Re: AI Aircraft Editor - planned update

Post by gsnde »

delbydoo wrote:Just one thing I would like to ask:
When you right-click in the main table showing all aircraft variants, there is an option to delete an individual entry (or more, obviously). How difficult would it be to add something like "delete texture folder for this entry"?
Daryl,
I have made that delete [fltsim.x] and texture folder right-click function. Too tired today, I will release it tomorrow.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Until now AIAE has stripped of comments rather rigidly. With the next version comments will survive editing. I will make the executable available here on Friday and would appreciate if you could give it a test run.
Cheers,
Martin
Second Lieutenant

Post by Holy Cheese »

Hi Martin,

I had downloaded v.2.1.0.18 a few days ago and just got around to installing it. After running the new version I immediately got a message asking if I wanted to download and install version 2.1.0.19, which I did. downloaded no problem, but then the installation broke off with an error message:

An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file:
DeleteFile failed;code 5
Access is denied

I ran the exe files as administrator, have administrator rights etc, checked folder is not read only etc.

Can you please help me out with this?

Thanks
Jack
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Hi Jack,

You don't say if this is an OS like Win7 that has the potential for UAC. Two things come to my mind, although this is the first such report. Either you have installed AIAE in the "C:\Program Files\..." structure and it is protected and therefore gives you the error. Or your AntiVirus is kicking in and preventing the update.

Please try this: In the folder where you have AIAE installed you should find a file named AIAE_Patch.exe. Please try to run this file without having opened AIAE before.

If you have installed AIAE below "C:\Program Files\..." please remove it and install it anywhere else with the exception below "C:\Windows\...".

Tell me if anything I said helped with the issue.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Old way beta method - please download and replace executable

Please check version 2.1.22 here

Changes:
fixed: main panel snaps back to main monitor after actions that opens additional windows --> Pete, does it work for you?
changed: comments are now supported in all operations --> Steve, can you give that a test run, please?
added: right-click menu option to delete the selected [fltsim.x] sections plus the associated texture folders (no logic here to warn you if a texture folder is used by more than one section) --> Daryl, is that what you were talking about?
added: comment formatter via tools. You say if you want to have '//' or ';' and your code separator char and in which column the comments should start. If you chose a column position that is too small this will automatically corrected during operation.

I will not be around the next two days and would very much appreciate to find your feedback on Sunday :smt001
Cheers,
Martin
Second Lieutenant

Post by Holy Cheese »

gsnde wrote:Hi Jack,

You don't say if this is an OS like Win7 that has the potential for UAC. Two things come to my mind, although this is the first such report. Either you have installed AIAE in the "C:\Program Files\..." structure and it is protected and therefore gives you the error. Or your AntiVirus is kicking in and preventing the update.

Please try this: In the folder where you have AIAE installed you should find a file named AIAE_Patch.exe. Please try to run this file without having opened AIAE before.

If you have installed AIAE below "C:\Program Files\..." please remove it and install it anywhere else with the exception below "C:\Windows\...".

Tell me if anything I said helped with the issue.
Hi Martin,

sorry I didn't give you enough info. I'm running Windows 8 and have installed AIAE in D:\AI Aircraft Editor

I did run only the patch with the main programme closed but got the same error message.

Maybe I should just download the new beta mentioned above and try that.

Cheers
Jack
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Hi Jack.

This is strange. I have made a download copy of the Patch installer for you. Please download it from the link here, copy it into your AIAE folder and double click on it. Press 'Next' when asked to. Tell me if that works. If so, then the cause of your issue is that the update is not coming through correctly with the download for some reason.

Download link
Cheers,
Martin
Second Lieutenant

Post by Holy Cheese »

Hi Martin,

just downloaded from your link and copied the exe to my AIAE folder. Double clicked and the programme opened straight away, was never asked to press next.

In any case it loaded ok and now shows me to be at version 2.1.22. Now works fine.

Thanks for the help.
Jack
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Hi Martin

yes the snap to home screen seems to be solved now with new version. One other small problem
I am getting though with both last main release and this beta is that when I first click on the executable
(either via shortcut or clicking main .exe file) when I select the first A/C file to check I get nothing come
up at all. if I then close the program and then re-open everything is fine. ???

only another 1336 out of 1564 A/C folders to check :D :D
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by delbydoo »

To all other interested parties - I have come across a little problem. Martin has implemented a "delete texture folder" to the "delete [fltsim.0]" context menu; unfortunately, on my system at least, it does not seem to be working. Anyone else come across the problem?

Unfortunately neither the "Delete [fltsim.0]" or "Delete [fltsim.0] and texture folder" do not seem to be working at all.
The original delete function has worked before on older versions. I don't know if it is because I have swapped OS or something else.

Here is what I did:

Updated to v.2.1.22
Loaded AIAE
Selected one test aircraft (total copy of another aircraft)
Ticked box on texture and entry I wanted to delete
Right-clicked on "Delete [fltsim.0] and texture folder"
Clicked YES on "Are You Sure?"

Nothing happened. Entry stayed there and texture folder is still in the aircraft folder.

I then selected another aircraft folder and repeated the process - still nothing. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Cheers
Daryl
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

gsnde wrote:Please check version 2.1.22 here

changed: comments are now supported in all operations --> Steve, can you give that a test run, please?
added: comment formatter via tools. You say if you want to have '//' or ';' and your code separator char and in which column the comments should start. If you chose a column position that is too small this will automatically corrected during operation.
Martin,
I have run some checks and the full line comments that were previously lost when the renum function was activated. It would appear that both lines starting with '//' or ';' are left untouched.

The comment formatter I have seen working and appears to be working as it should, although i have not done exhaustive tests.
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

petebramley wrote:Hi Martin

yes the snap to home screen seems to be solved now with new version. One other small problem
I am getting though with both last main release and this beta is that when I first click on the executable
(either via shortcut or clicking main .exe file) when I select the first A/C file to check I get nothing come
up at all. if I then close the program and then re-open everything is fine. ???

only another 1336 out of 1564 A/C folders to check :D :D
Pete,
Let me summarize this: You start AIAE, it comes up looking normal, but you can not operate it. Not being able to operate it means exactly what?

Is the last aircraft folder selected (in case you have that option enabled)?
Do you see the listed [fltsim.x] sections on the top right?
Can you change the aircraft folder with the folder tree on the left?
Is any of the menu options (like validate aircraft for example) operable?
And since you say that everything works when you close and restart the program - does it fail to work again when you close and restart it a second time?

Thanks for the feedback, it might help to figure it out because I can't replicate it.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

delbydoo wrote:To all other interested parties - I have come across a little problem. Martin has implemented a "delete texture folder" to the "delete [fltsim.0]" context menu; unfortunately, on my system at least, it does not seem to be working. Anyone else come across the problem?

Unfortunately neither the "Delete [fltsim.0]" or "Delete [fltsim.0] and texture folder" do not seem to be working at all.
The original delete function has worked before on older versions. I don't know if it is because I have swapped OS or something else.

Here is what I did:

Updated to v.2.1.22
Loaded AIAE
Selected one test aircraft (total copy of another aircraft)
Ticked box on texture and entry I wanted to delete
Right-clicked on "Delete [fltsim.0] and texture folder"
Clicked YES on "Are You Sure?"

Nothing happened. Entry stayed there and texture folder is still in the aircraft folder.

I then selected another aircraft folder and repeated the process - still nothing. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Cheers
Daryl
Daryl,
Can you please check if the other right-click options works (renumber, sort).
Are there any other things that don't work?
Like with Pete's report I am completely unable to replicate it.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I tested the delete function, under Win7, and it worked fine for me. Deleted the entry, but unfortunately lost some comments when it moved the whole fltsim entries up, and the texture folder went.

The one thing that occurs to me is that when you manually copied over the new exe did you ensure that under it's properties that it was unblocked and set for administrator rights?
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Firebird wrote:...but unfortunately lost some comments when it moved the whole fltsim entries up, and the texture folder went.
I will check this, Steve
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Firebird wrote:...but unfortunately lost some comments when it moved the whole fltsim entries up, and the texture folder went...
I can't replicate this either, Steve :cry:

I have commented every line of three sections [fltsim.0] , [fltsim.1] and [fltsim.2]. Then I right-clicked and selected 'Delete section [fltsim.1] and texture folder'. In addition to that I added two pure commenting lines to each section, one starting with // and one with ;

[fltsim.0] was still there with all comments. [fltsim.2] was renamed to [fltsim.1] and still had all comments. Also the two pure comment lines were still there.

The only error I could spot was that the pure comment line from the deleted section that started with a ; was still there. But I found no comments missing.

Can you please tell me in more detail what comments you did loose, Steve?
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Pete, Daryl,
I would appreciate if you could still answer above questions - maybe I will learn something here. But in addtition to that I will make a Full Installer for you this evening. Let's see if this cures your issues.
Cheers,
Martin
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

I am at work at the moment, will look tonight. What I can say is that yes, all other right click options worked.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

gsnde wrote:Can you please tell me in more detail what comments you did loose, Steve?
No problem.
I used a copy of my Vulcan folder and this is an extract containing 27 sqn before I tested the delete :-
//----- 27 Sqn
[fltsim.4]
title=ACG_Avro_Vulcan_B2(MRR)_RAF_27_XH534 with pods
sim=JY_Vulcan_AI
model=MRR
texture=RAF_27_XH534_1982
atc_parking_types=MIL_COMBAT
atc_parking_codes=27S,VLCN
atc_airline=Air Force
ui_manufacturer=ACG
ui_type=Avro Vulcan B2(MRR)
ui_variation=XH534
description=Avro Vulcan for AI use only

[fltsim.5]//with pods
title=ACG_Avro_Vulcan_B2(MRR)_RAF_27_XH537
sim=JY_Vulcan_AI
model=MRR
texture=RAF_27_XH537_1982
atc_airline=Air Force
ui_manufacturer=ACG
ui_variation=XH537

[fltsim.6]// with pods
title=ACG_Avro_Vulcan_B2(MRR)_RAF_27_XH560
sim=JY_Vulcan_AI
model=MRR
texture=RAF_27_XH560_1982
atc_airline=Air Force
ui_manufacturer=ACG
ui_variation=XH560

[fltsim.7]
title=ACG_Avro_Vulcan_B2(MRR)_RAF_27_XH563 with pods
sim=JY_Vulcan_AI
model=MRR
texture=RAF_27_XH563_1982
atc_airline=Air Force
ui_manufacturer=ACG
ui_variation=XH563
This is the 27 Sqn portion after the deletion of the entry and scheme:-
//----- 27 Sqn

[fltsim.4]
title=ACG_Avro_Vulcan_B2(MRR)_RAF_27_XH537
sim=JY_Vulcan_AI
model=MRR
texture=RAF_27_XH537_1982
atc_airline=Air Force
ui_manufacturer=ACG
ui_variation=XH537

[fltsim.5]
title=ACG_Avro_Vulcan_B2(MRR)_RAF_27_XH560
sim=JY_Vulcan_AI
model=MRR
texture=RAF_27_XH560_1982
atc_airline=Air Force
ui_manufacturer=ACG
ui_variation=XH560

[fltsim.6]
title=ACG_Avro_Vulcan_B2(MRR)_RAF_27_XH563 with pods
sim=JY_Vulcan_AI
model=MRR
texture=RAF_27_XH563_1982
atc_airline=Air Force
ui_manufacturer=ACG
ui_variation=XH563
As you can see the comments that are on the fltsim entry lines are gone.

I should add that this was not some weird commenting thing that I invented, I just copied it from quite a few airliner installs where the scheme creator comments to ensure that the user uses the correct model. Sometimes I find it useful.
Incidentally the first version of FSrenum used to wipe it out as well, but the second version kept the comments.

As you can see the full line comment for the unit was kept fine.
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Thanks, Steve. It never occurred to me that the section itself might be commented. Even when looking at your examples it took me some time to find the comment :lol:

Let's see how to deal with this one...
Cheers,
Martin