The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

AI Aircraft Editor

Essential flight simulator tools, by Martin Gossmann
http://www.owlsnest.eu
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

AI Aircraft Editor

Post by gsnde »

I have just release version 2.2.2 of the AI Aircraft Editor. It has P3D support, various interface changes and includes a model viewer component (courtesy of Arno Gerretsen) that is finally able to make use of the underlying aircraft.cfg.

I again like to thank Steve who worked a long time with me to improve the interface.

I have not yet uploaded it anywhere, so you must check for update from within the program to get the new version.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: AI Aircraft Editor

Post by clickclickdoh »

After the update, the Main program is working fine for me but the model view is freezing up before it even fully loads. Everything worked on the prior version.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

After playing around a bit, the model viewer window does recover and display correctly after about 4 minutes. This might be an issue with the computer I'm using being at it's hardware limits.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

The new version includes an update of the model viewer from 1.0.3 to 1.0.6.
It does take longer to load, but only a couple of secs for me but there are also some other aspects to the model viewer version. For example the models are further away and they are not centered on the centre of the model but some other point.

I will have to see if there are any options to correct these aspects.
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Jeez, I was too tired yesterday to notice... It is a bug in Arno's code, and he fixed it today. I will make a new version available.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

New version is uploaded. Run 'check for update'...
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

A quick check on my machine seems to indicate that all is well with the new version.
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

I installed P3D V3 yesterday and will add support for this version in the upcoming weeks.

I thought somebody had confirmed recently that there is no issue with the afterburner effects. But the very first tests with Menno's Blackbird showed that the issue still exists. Can anybody confirm this?

From mobile hence short
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

I am really liking the updated model viewer. Good work.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Regarding the model viewer... please always keep in mind that this is Arno genius, not mine :smt001

My work was just building a wrapper around his files and make it a useful AIAE enhancement.
Cheers,
Martin
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Seems to work great in my FSX install. As mentioned, slightly longer load times for Arno's program.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Another update is release via internal updater and as a full download here in the 'Tools' section of the download center.

Two changes:

the model viewer is initialized in a way that all main flightsim texture folders are being considered and shared textures are shown.
the updater will now start and execute the update after the download has completed (not this time but for the next update).
Cheers,
Martin
Second Lieutenant

Post by Holy Cheese »

Hi Martin,

I'm running the latest update and using AI Aircraft Editor together with P3D3.1, but I've noticed that when the programme is checking for missing callsigns, it is reporting that it is comparing to the airlines.cfg in P3Dv2. It never shows me that I have a missing callsign (like it always used to) any more. I can't seem to find any way to direct the programme to look for the P3Dv3 airlines.cfg

Is there any chance to get this feature back, as I found it very useful indeed.

Thanks
Jack