The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

AI Aircraft Editor.NET Beta Test

Essential flight simulator tools, by Martin Gossmann
http://www.owlsnest.eu
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

AI Aircraft Editor.NET Beta Test

Post by gsnde »

I will post the feedback here so that you - the beta testers - can see what has been reported by others and what has been fixed.

V.3.0.55

Changes:
  • Format of aircraft.cfg backup has been changed to *.cfg.owl.yyy-mm-dd-hh-mm-ss"
  • FS9 was not considered in the FlightSim quick selection. It is now, always pointing to the FS9 aircraft folder.

Fixes:
  • P3DV2 was always shown as incorrectly installed: a leftover from my own tests which I forgot to remove - fixed
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: AI Aircraft Editor.NET Beta Test

Post by gsnde »

V.3.0.56

Changes:
  • none

Fixes:
  • Status information for aircraft folder and aircraft status were not always updated - fixed
  • INI Reader failed to properly display Umlaute öäü - fixed
  • prop_anim_ratio did not allow negative values - fixed
  • under certain conditions (starting from a non aircraft folder and selecting a SimObject shortcut the ini file was not read - fixed
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

V.3.0.58

Changes:
  • none

Fixes:
  • under certain conditions <default> was written to the ini instead of " " - fixed
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

V.3.0.59

Changes:
  • The ModelViewer can now optionally be opened in separate form
  • I have now added code to the buttons to remove non-AI sections

Fixes:
  • none
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

V.3.0.60

Changes:
  • Restore of maximized state of main form and viewer form on different monitors

Fixes:
  • none
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

V.3.0.62

Changes:
  • Allow the removal of non-AI relevant sections only if an AI aircraft is detected
  • If duplicate titles are found, the number of duplicates and the names are listed in the program log

Fixes:
  • a bug that crashed the application under certain aircraft.cfg files (Pete & Hartwig)
An ugly thing from the past has raised its head. I have forgotten about this method to hide models and/or textures in way deep folder structures. I really hate it since I can't find the slightest benefit in it and it causes a lot of pain to work with the aircraft.cfg - no matter if by hand or by AIAE.

Well - since it is there, I have to cope with it. This will be added within the next days. Until it is implemented, stay away from such folders.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

V.3.0.64

Changes:
  • Reading, analyzing and changing of models that are layered in a folder structure below the root model folder is now supported
  • Reading and changing of textures that are layered in a folder structure below the root texture folder is now supported
  • Removal of non-AI sections is now disabled when you change a model to a non-AI sim-type
  • User settings are now maintained after a version update

Fixes:
  • a bug that crashed the application under certain aircraft.cfg files - now for good (Pete & Hartwig)
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

V.3.0.65

Changes:
  • The Viewer Toolbar Status (shown/hidden) will be remembered
  • The interface makes better use of the real estate when maximized or enlarged

Fixes:
  • A bug that crashed the model viewer if the sircraft.cfg points to a non-existing texture
  • Arno fixed a bug I discovered in the ModelViewer. Please re-download the original full setup (which I have updated) and replace all DLLs with the ones included
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

V.3.0.66

Changes:
  • New Tab: Textures displaying all textures for current aircraft with texture analysis plus Texture Viewer
  • New Status Button: Show Aircraft Error – displays all errors of the current aircraft (if any)
  • New Status Progressbar: Giving indication if program is working

Fixes:
  • Under certain conditions after an error the application was no longer reading any aircraft any more - fixed
  • The duplicated sections analysis could be fooled by the section names being mixed with small and uppercase letters - fixed
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

V.3.0.67

Changes:
  • Aircraft Error Log Form is automatically brought to front after an update
  • Model Viewer Form is automatically brought to front after an update
  • Texture Viewer Form is automatically brought to front after an update

Fixes:
  • Aircraft Error Log was being duplicated with each additional click - fixed
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

V.3.0.71

Changes:
  • You can define your default graphic editor (e.g. DXT2BMP) in the texture viewer and start it directly from AIAE
  • Various performance optimizations
  • Removal of the progress bar, replaced with splash loading indicator
  • Added awareness about defined but non-existing textures which I managed to forgot so far
  • Texture list...selecting a section in the grid ready the associated texture files when the texture tab has the focus. You can still load all textures for this aircraft with the respective button.
Fixes:
  • fixed bug where the program crashed when a file model.txt exists in the aircraft root
  • fixed bug where the program crashed when a file texture.txt exists in the aircraft root
  • fixed die-hard PDF Viewer bug causing crash during program start
  • very observant people have noticed: the model viewer has since its very first incorporation into AIAE sometimes shown the wrong texture. Now I finally have the very complex steering mechanism 100% under control. It is now working flawless no matter if in the tab or external
  • fixed cosmetic bug in the log when unknown models (pre-2004) were read
  • fixed some bugs too technical to describe here
One of the beta testers used the new AIAE to check his complete aircraft collection. We both were surprised how many duplicate titles, duplicate and unnumbered sections, model.cfg pointing to non-existing model files etc. he discovered. This back and forth between us has turned up most of the bugs in the tool - I say 'thankee sai!"

The innovation and bug-fixing cycle comes slowly to it's end. Still on my list for the tool is the missing MIPs, ColourDepth and DXT compression information for the new texture list.

Aside from that I have to update the manual (:cry:) and decide on which installer I will use. While I am doing that I will fix all further reported bugs and if somebody comes up with a very cool feature that is easy to implement I might do that as well.

Some friends from AIG will join the beta - which is a big word considering the handful people who actually participate actively anyway. But they really made the difference!
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

V.3.0.72

Changes:
  • none

Fixes:
  • fixed some bugs too technical to describe here that would have caused crashes or cosmetic issues under rare conditions
This version now survives looking at every AI aircraft folder I have.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Known Error:

AIAE can currently not cope with aliased texture folders like you can see with the Iris T-6A Texan II NTA SP2.

In the texture folder "texture.greece" lies a file "texture.cfg" with the following content:

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\..\IRIS T-6A Texan II SP2\texture.bump
fallback.2=..\..\IRIS T-6A Texan II SP2\texture.spec
fallback.3=..\..\IRIS T-6A Texan II SP2\texture.vc
fallback.4=..\..\IRIS T-6A Texan II SP2\texture.parts
fallback.5=..\..\IRIS T-6A Texan II SP2\texture.greece

I will fix this eventually, but I am pretty sure not before the second feature update. This is...ugly... :smt018
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

V.3.0.74

Changes:
  • optimization in code

Fixes:
  • fixed some bugs too technical to describe here that would have caused crashes or cosmetic issues under rare conditions
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

V.3.0.75

Changes:
  • none

Fixes:
  • while optimizing I constructed a faulty Boolean condition preventing the external Viewer from being updated... :oops:
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

V.3.0.76

Changes:
  • removed support and handling of airlines.cfg. I was informed from reliable and competent side that since and including FS9 airlines.cfg has no impact on ATC at all. Given that my airlines.cfg related code was triggered with each newly selected aircraft, I finally decided to remove it for the sake of performance
  • Added detection of completely missing title, model, texture and sim keys. While it is obvious that missing titles and sim entries will not be tolerated by the simulator, I also doubt that missing model and texture keys will be treated like the empty equivalence model= and texture= which defaults to the model and texture folder.
Fixes:
  • during some operations (renumbering sections, aircraft.cfg formating etc.) Umlaute and special characters were not correctly written.
  • P3D (at least v3) has made major changes to the sim (*.air) file. It no longer has the identifier if it is an flyable, AI or helicopter. I fixed misleading messages when P3D air files are read.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

V.3.0.78

Changes:
  • Detection of duplicate keys in [fltsim.x] sections. The section and the key are provided in the error log.
  • You now see the full texture name and path in the status bar of the Texture Viewer
  • The option to define the external Graphics Editor has been added to the main form settings menu
  • If the Graphics Editor is defined and available you can start it directly from the texture list without the need to open the internal texture viewer beforehand
  • If you have the Texture Viewer open, selecting another texture in the texture list grid will automatically display it
Fixes:
  • The number of the [fltsim.x] section for missing and duplicated titles, models, textures and sims were not correct --> fixed
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

V.3.0.79

Changes:
  • none
Fixes:
  • Selecting a new aircraft in the grid with non-existing texture while ModelViewer is opened resulted in system error message --> fixed
  • If the texture path displayed in the status line of the Texture Viewer was longer than the available space it was not displayed at all -> fixed
  • AIAE offered senseless options and wrong messages when confronted with an aircraft.cfg not containing any [fltsim.x] sections -> fixed
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

V.3.0.80

Changes:
  • none
Fixes:
  • The newly added texture path status bar in the Texture Viewer was layered above the texture -> fixed
  • I missed to add deep-structured folder support for the default "model" folder -> fixed
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

V.3.0.81

Changes:
  • The Texture Grid has now a label showing how many textures are currently displayed
Fixes:
  • the Texture Grid width was too large for the container -> fixed
  • when saving data several blank keys were added -> fixed
  • The wing_span mechanism was messed up by me -> fixed
Cheers,
Martin