The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

AI Aircraft Editor.NET Update

Essential flight simulator tools, by Martin Gossmann
http://www.owlsnest.eu
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

I will release a major update today or tomorrow.

New:

• [fltsim.x] - support for selected items. All operations "apply to all" are applied to selected items only if any are selected.
  • [fltsim.x] - right click menu to select all, deselect all or toggle selection
  • [fltsim.x] - a model can be applied to all or selected sections
  • [fltsim.x] - an airfile can be applied to all or selected sections
  • "analyze aircraft" and "analyze all aircraft below" are back
  • under settings select reporting style: overview, detailed and error report
  • current set of Arno's DLLs
Cheers,
Martin
Second Lieutenant

Re: AI Aircraft Editor.NET Update

Post by Mark Fox »

Thank you Martin! Perfect!
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

The current update cycle for AIAE is coming to an end. With the next update 3.2.13 support for the P3Dv4 add-on.cfg will be added in order to populate the SimObject listbox. In addition AIAE will remember and restore the position of the splitter between sessions and I fullfilled a request for an option that always the last [fltsim.x] entry gets selected on loading any aircraft.

To the best of my knowledge this is all that was on my plate.

So if you want so see a new feature/option in AIAE now is the right time to tell me.

I would appreciate some feedback if the .NET version now includes all features of the VB6 version or if I missed something.
Cheers,
Martin
First Lieutenant

Post by Trevytt2004 »

would love to see the abilty to assign the soundai folder entries etc
pslinger
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by pslinger »

This is an outstanding utility and a great piece of work. I am just beginning to scratch the surface of what it can do. Thanks for sharing this utility, has saved me a lot of headaches.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

pslinger wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 03:05 This is an outstanding utility and a great piece of work. I am just beginning to scratch the surface of what it can do. Thanks for sharing this utility, has saved me a lot of headaches.
Thank you!
Trevytt2004 wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 00:47 would love to see the abilty to assign the soundai folder entries etc
Sounds interesting. Do you have some suggestions/ideas how this should work?
Cheers,
Martin
First Lieutenant

Post by Trevytt2004 »

Sounds interesting. Do you have some suggestions/ideas how this should work?
[/quote]

Well I've been updating my civil AI....and have lots of 737's with different engines and found a sound pack that provided many variations of engine types but each to be in its on soundai folder..... so maybe a way that if you select an aircraft that has multiple model variants....an option to assign a specific soundai folder to it, this would then update the aircraft.cfg file. im not a programmer so I haven't a clue as to what would need to be done...

presently can be done but its laborious one at a time.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Martin I'm a bit confused about the release notes for v3.3.14.0.

The changes section says "supports changing models and textures in the viewer while animation is running" but the known issues section still says "Do not switch models or textures while the animation is running!"
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Many thanks for reminding me to remove that, Greg!

From mobile hence short

Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Fixed...
Cheers,
Martin
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by jimrodger »

Windows10 in use, Admin login,and run as admin.

Currently running 3.3.16.0 -on starting it informs me that there is an update to 3.3.19.0.

Accept the update & go through the update procedure, finishes OK & AIAE starts with 3.3.19.0 as version number.
Do what I'm doing, finish and exit.

Next time I start 3.3.16.0 is version and lets me know thaere's a new version available and loop & loop & loop..........

Any ideas?

Jimj
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi JIm,
I just got the same message as yourself. I took precautions to back up the folder and the config file before attempting the update.
I then went ahead and annoyingly the update ran OK.

I checked and found that the program was not running as admin, I don't know if that could have anything to do with it. it might be worth a try. It sounds like the update is not actually being applied or at least not to the version you are running.
If not what directory does the app run in?
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

This sounds like something I have seen once a long time ago. The reason was two installations if I remember correctly.

What should fix it is removing AIAE via Control Panel / Programs & Features and re-install.
Cheers,
Martin
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Thanks for the assistance, all sorted - .20 update worked OK

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but I've just updated this & it stops it working. I uninstalled it & re downloaded the one of the owls nest & it works fine. Don't know if it's something I've done wrong or my pc/Windows 10 playing silly sods again
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Windows 10 and AIAE play together nicely normally. About 95% or even more reported crashes from AIAE are when running on Windows 8.

Try removing it again from Programs and Features, and install the last version from the download center.

Tell me what happens.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Same issue as before sadly, still doesn't load at all
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

If it startups up but doesn't load then there is a chance that it is a corruption of the user.config file. I have had that a few times.

My file is in a folder named C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\The_Owls_Nest_Tools\AI-Aircraft_Editor.exe_Url_tiilfttfz4rong0b445syrehopsqru1u. The last gobblygook part of the name seems a random thing so look for something similar.
Inside that folder you will find one of more folders with a number. The number is the version of AIAE. Inside that folder(s) you will find a user.config xml file for that version.
If it is a corruption of that renaming the folder will solve your problem and when you restart the proggy it will create a new folder and a new user.config inside that.

Of course it does mean that you will lose your settings and have to set everything else up again, but if you have kept your current folder through the rename you have can at least save some of your settings and manually alter the clean config.

There is one other option. As it creates a new folder and config for each new version you could even copy the user.config across from the previous versions folder. You may not have any new features set but you won't have to start from scratch.

For example I got a corrupted 3.3.25.0 file and created it again by copying the config from the 3.3.23.0 folder.

Hope this helps and works for you.
Steve
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

That fixed it,

Many thanks Steve :D
Dan

gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Glad this worked. In principle AIAE has a build-in crash detection. If it crashes during operation, then it will detect it on restart and will exactly do what Steve told you to do: delete the settings.

In your case it crashed even before the watchdog mechanism kicked in. I think I will add a program to „Recover from instant crash“ to the program group.
Cheers,
Martin