The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Airport Design Editor 9x Release 1.45

Essential flight simulator tools, by Martin Gossmann
http://www.owlsnest.eu
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Airport Design Editor 9x Release 1.45

Post by gsnde »

ScruffyDuck Software and the ADE Development Team are delighted to announce the release of ADE9X. This is the first version of Airport Design Editor to support both FS9 and FSX. The new functionality means that FS9 airport developers now have access to most of the functionality that has been available to FSX designers for some time. This includes the Approach Designer and all the other tools that allow users to work with buildings, signs etc. The only area currently not supported for FS9 is terrain elements such as land class, roads and so on. We have spent a lot of time working on making the importation of AFCAD files into ADE as easy as possible.

Whilst this version is mostly about providing support for FS9, our FSX users should also update as they will find many fixes and a number of enhancements including much better handling of stock navaids, user defined colors for taxi links and an improved and more stable interface with the Sim.

We would like to take this opportunity of thanking all those in our development and beta teams as well as all those users who have tried out the release candidate and given us valuable feedback. You can find out more about ADE9X by visiting www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk or downloading the package direct from www.downloadcenter.scruffyduck.org.uk.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Big grin appears.....clicks on link. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mark
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

Just had a quick look
We are going to have fun with this :lol:

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Garysb wrote:We are going to have fun with this :lol:
You will :D

By the way - I had two private messages conversations here at MAIW during the last weeks where it became obvious that not everybody knows that AI-Aircraft Editor comes bundled with ADE. I will add a section about AI-Editor on The Owl's Nest in short time. On request of the AIG Team I add one enhancement in the current version which makes it considerably easier to navigate long aircraft folders.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

This is excellent news! I've been following the beta process with great interest and can say that this is a huge step forward in airport design for FS9.

I recommend that everyone reads the manual though to get the most out of it. Some things are also done in a different way than AFCAD.

Many thanks to the ADE team!

Greg
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Tirithon wrote:I recommend that everyone reads the manual though to get the most out of it. Some things are also done in a different way than AFCAD.
That is an excellent advice, Greg. A tremendous amount of work has been put into bringing the manual 'a jour' with the current version and we hope it will pay off.
Cheers,
Martin
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

The important thing that people need to bear in mind is that ADE is MUCH more than an AFCAD "replacement". It does so much more than AFCAD ever did. This is a true all round scenery tool for FSX and FS9 for the first time.

My congratulations to the ADE team, and Scruffyduck in particular

Brilliant!
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

CelticWarrior wrote:The important thing that people need to bear in mind is that ADE is MUCH more than an AFCAD "replacement". It does so much more than AFCAD ever did. This is a true all round scenery tool for FSX and FS9 for the first time.

My congratulations to the ADE team, and Scruffyduck in particular

Brilliant!
Thank you, Cary. I will forward the complement to our team :D
Last edited by gsnde on 01 Sep 2009, 08:01, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

I have not had any success in adding taxi signs they show up in ade but not FS9

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Garysb wrote:I have not had any success in adding taxi signs they show up in ade but not FS9
Gary, you did compile the bgl right, not just save the project file? :wink:

Greg
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

Who can tell!
novice at work here :lol:

Gary

Instructions required :shock:

Gary
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Ah well that's why I gave the advise to read the manual :lol:

Saving the project file is not enough. That's just the workfile and can be stored anywhere you like.

For stuff to show up in FS9, you go to File -> Compile Airport.

Greg
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Greg, you do this perfectly well :D
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by f47420 »

This is a tool that the sim world can and will use te great effect.

Great work guys and a big well done to all those involved.
At last a tool that makes it comparitively easy to make detailed scenery.

A big thumbs up .

Mark W
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I agree its been a long time coming at once its full capability is realised, for FS9, it will be outstanding.
Steve
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Martin I finally had some time last night to sit down and install ADE on my laptop. The installation was flawless and went very smoothly. The ADE Environment program is a GREAT idea, makes it very simple to get everything setup and it even repaired my FS9 registry for me!

I created an airport from scratch, one that is not part of FS9, as a way to try out the program. Again everything went smoothly and was straight forward. It's going to take a bit of getting used to but otherwise it looks to be an outstanding program. I especially like the ease with which you can import a satellite image of an airport directly into the program to use as a guide. Being able to scale that image makes getting everything lined up a breeze.

The program seemed to run a bit slow at times but I did have multiple windows open at the time including the fantastic PDF users guide. So that's not a big deal to me as it is more than acceptable.

Now to install it on the main rig and go from there. Congrats to everyone that had a hand in the development of this program.

BTW, one feature that I REALLY appreciate is how the taxiway and apron links have all of their extra features (markings and lights) turned off by default! That's a huge help when you don't have to constantly undo all of those features from a taxiway or apron link.

Also I never knew about the 254 rule. That explains A LOT! Still learning after all these years.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

I was looking forward to the moment when I could announce the FS9 release her at MAIW for months :D It is a very good feeling to see that it is appreciated. Thanks a lot, guys!

By the way: in response to the ones that asked my why the heck there was absolutely no trace of neither AI-Aircraft Editor nor ADE Environment Checker on The Owl's Web ... I have added a new section Owl's Nest Tools here. I will successively move my MAIW tools to this page after having them updated.
Cheers,
Martin
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

So I take this as a highly recommended program from everyone and a fine replaced for AFCAD users in FS9? Over the years I have become pretty comfortable with AFCAD in keeping my airports updated to real world specs, as long as the layouts and navaids were correct, I was happy.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Yes it is Dustoff. Once you learn the full potential you'll no longer want to use AFCAD!

All my MAIW AFD files will be done with ADE9 from now.

Greg
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

Thanks to everyone involved in this creation.
This hobby has some of the finest people that you will find anywhere.
Thanks again.
Now off to learn something new.
Kevin Jarvis