The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

How do I create a texture for rotate to user effect in FSX?

Post all your development discussions here that don't fit into any of the above categories.
Manschy
Major
Major
Version: P3D

How do I create a texture for rotate to user effect in FSX?

Post by Manschy »

Hi to all experts here,

just at the state to finally add ground crews to my several sceneries I just wonder how to add people formerly known as "rotate to user" effect in FS9.

I think that John Young and the great teams those days at ACG used the attach point tool to add the former planes for persons to let the rotate to user action also came true in FSX. So here is my question:

I trust myself to create an effect like the groundcrews for example at RAF Wattisham, but my small brain seems to get stuck at the point how to create the sheets for this.
How do I create the textures for these effects, please?
I would like to have only one person per effect, but I have 5 to 15 persons per sheet... So how do you get the segments for each ground crew member? Will it work same way like the "Unwrap UVW" tool in gmax for example?
Each help is much appreciated!
Regards, Manfred.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: How do I create a texture for rotate to user effect in FSX?

Post by John Young »

Very good question Manfred and I wish I knew the answer. Unfortunately it was Stevo who devised the method and made it work and I don't have a record of how he did it.

You are right that the texture sheet consists of several people. I just can't work out how each is mapped to the specific effect, either by looking inside the effect file or disassembling one of the Marham .bgl files in MCX. I suspect there is a Gmax plane somewhere in the set up with mapping on it.

You are more than welcome to use the ground crew we created for FSX if you can't find the answer. Just remember they never did appear at night.

John
Manschy
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Re: How do I create a texture for rotate to user effect in FSX?

Post by Manschy »

Thank you for answer John. It's always a pleasure to read about your helping suggestions and maybe I will get back to your offer. But for sure it would be great to crack the tough nut of doing that by my own ;-)
Regards, Manfred.