The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

AI-Traffic: Possible to control fence gates?

Post all your development discussions here that don't fit into any of the above categories.
Manschy
Major
Major
Version: P3D

AI-Traffic: Possible to control fence gates?

Post by Manschy »

Hi,

just doing some experiments with my SODE controled QRA fence gates. They work really fine, but now I am asking myself: What's happening if an AI aricraft comes close to the gate?

Would it be possible to let the AI control the opening/closing of the gate in any way?
Just thinking about an option like the ATC-go for the AI aircrafts take-off....

Any ideas? Would be great to get a solution because otherwise the AI aircraft will cross the closed gates....
Regards, Manfred.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: AI-Traffic: Possible to control fence gates?

Post by John Young »

I don't think there is a solution to that Manfred. We had the same situation with the gate from the hangar area to the apron at Duxford. User controlled aircraft could trigger the gate but AI couldn't and would have gone straight through it had they been routed that way.

I would also ask yourself whether the requirement for SODE to trigger the gate is a good idea. It generated more support questions than it was worth in my opinion.

John
paul64
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by paul64 »

Just to add my two penny'th, to honest when I was there they were never closed.

Paul
Manschy
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Post by Manschy »

Thanks, mates.
Okay, came to the same conclusion meanwhile - had a little hope to maybe get a solution via SODE as well regarding Jetway animations. There also are AI aircraft parking and trigger the Jetways to move. Some investigation show no hope because of a really hard coding to realize this (Jeffrey Stähli, SODE).
I would also ask yourself whether the requirement for SODE to trigger the gate is a good idea. It generated more support questions than it was worth in my opinion.
You may be right, John. But I think I create the scenery for myself particularly 8) . So all stuff I like and I would like to be set inside should be to my satisfaction first. Same with all details which are included or will be included shortly.
There will be enough disappointment close to release when I have to give up lots of ideas or unrealisable features :wink: .
But when I stand in front of movable Hangar Doors or opening QRA gates with flashing lights, I will take on the risk of additional explenations :D ...
Regards, Manfred.