The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

ai aircraft editor

Post all your development discussions here that don't fit into any of the above categories.
Aviator_79
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

ai aircraft editor

Post by Aviator_79 »

Hello happy new year to the MAIW staff , i have a problem with the new update from ai aircraft editor, since the last update few days ago it always crashes . Are u guys responsible for this tool or am i in the wrong place. The error in event viewer is "nvoglv64.dll".
Thanks for answering, sincerely
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

ai aircraft editor

Post by gsnde »

Hello and a Happy New Year as well.

I am the author of AIAE. I assume that you are using the model viewer when this crash happens, right?

I have updated Arno‘s viewer components which he did change considerably in the last time. So there might still be some error here.

Could you tell me if this crash happens for all aircraft you look at or only for some. If only some than I would need to know which one so that I can replicate the error.

And what OS are you using?

From mobile hence short
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: ai aircraft editor

Post by Firebird »

I think that is from Nvidia drivers for an amd64 chip system, at least according to the file on my system.

Whilst the latest version didn't cause me any crashes I did see that the new viewer displayed models with the jaggies so I had to reapply the nvidia inspector patch to clear that.

Do you have the latest nvidia driver on your system? If not it might be worth installing that to see if the problem is cured.
Steve
Aviator_79
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Aviator_79 »

yes its true Steve event viewer shows driver amd error, no i have the nvidia driver version from 3 months ago, i hope they bring an update where you also can select p3d5 in the quickselect menu like it shows for p3d4.thanks Steve

edit hy Martin saw ur post too late, it happens for example in the faib_747_400_GE, there it always ctd when i want to view the new repaints, will test more, thanku

ps i use windows 10 2004 version 64 bit

ps2 i think even all faibs are affected just tested the a320s
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

I use the latest version on my Windows 7 64-bit PC with an AMD Radeon 6700 HD graphics card with no problems
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

ai aircraft editor

Post by gsnde »

Jeez, Arno is a machine. I reported it, he fixed it, I updated the AIAE version with new components. It is now published.

I have tested the 747 and could confirm the crash, now it is displaying well.
Cheers,
Martin
Cadet

Post by Aviator_79 »

thanks very much all for the fix, greetings
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Since the last update today, I've no 3D view anymore....
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

TheFoufure wrote: 02 Jan 2021, 22:26 Since the last update today, I've no 3D view anymore....
If you turn off the complex shading it comes back as it was
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
pslinger
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by pslinger »

Unfortunately, i have been having trouble with AIAE hanging. This issue appears to be unique to my machine because I haven't seen any other posts highlighting a similar problem. With the current update I am able to view the model, however nothing appears when I select the texture tab to view information about the aircraft textures and light maps. Sometimes I get an invalid texture message. When I start FSX the aircraft appear with no issues. I am running AIAE in a Windows 10 environment and the program hangs at different times in the start-up sequence, it does not hang on a specific aircraft. I have no issues drilling to sim objects and it is this point issues begin to surface. The program will hang before I select an aircraft, sometimes it will hang after I select an aircraft, and it will usually hang when I minimize the program. I shut the program down and when I re-start the program, I receive an error message that the program crashed and it clears things out and I start over. It usually takes me two or three tries before the program will work.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, I've tried installing older versions of AIAE and the same issues surface. I'm hoping someone can point me point me in the right direction or some other avenues to explorer. One question; does AIAE need to be installed on the same drive as FSX? In my set-up AIAE is installed on the C:\ drive and FSX is installed on the D:\ drive. I'm sorry if this is confusing or posted to the wrong forum.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

The texture tab not showing anything is a known error everybody is seeing. Arno has removed two attributes from MCX without realizing I am using them.

He wrote me this morning he brought them back.

So I will release an update later with the new component set, then texture tab will be populated again.

From mobile hence short
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

I have released a new version just now that brings back the texture tab functionality.
Cheers,
Martin
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

shaggy22 wrote: 03 Jan 2021, 00:01
TheFoufure wrote: 02 Jan 2021, 22:26 Since the last update today, I've no 3D view anymore....
Thanks, it's fine now.
Jim
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Jim »

TheFoufure wrote: 03 Jan 2021, 10:07
shaggy22 wrote: 03 Jan 2021, 00:01
Thanks, it's fine now.
Thank you both for that! Same 'fix' for ModelConverterX :idea:

Jim
pslinger
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by pslinger »

Unfortunately, I have downloaded and installed the latest version and continue to have trouble with AIAE hanging/crashing. This issue appears to be unique to my machine because I haven't seen any other posts highlighting a similar problem. It usually takes three tries before AIAE will open. On the first try, AIAE will only open so that the light yellow box at the bottom contains data, everything else is white. I receive a flag that AIAE is not responding, an error report is sent to Microsoft and I shut AIAE down. When I start AIAE up the second time I receive a message “It looks like AIAE crashed the last time – please apologize! We will now delete the saved AIAE settings.” AIAE starts up but only to the point where the where the aircraft tree in the left pane are displayed, everything else contains no data and is white, even the bottom light yellow panel that had data during the first attempted start-up. If I attempt to scroll through the aircraft AIAE displays (Not Responding) in the title bar. I shut the program down and received the AIAE is not responding message and report to Microsoft. When I attempt to start AIAE up the third time, I receive the “It looks like AIAE crashed the last time –“ message, select OK and usually AIAE will start up. However if I minimize the program or don’t use it for a period of time, the program will hang, freeze, crash, and I start the process all over again. AIAE isn’t hanging/crashing on a specific aircraft, any aircraft will cause it to hand/crash.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing using the latest version in the download library and updating to the latest version. I've tried installing an older version of AIAE and the same issues surface. I'm hoping someone can point me point me in the right direction or some other avenues to explorer. I am using Windows 10 Home Edition Version 2004, 64-bit. I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti video card. Finally, I check for program software updates weekly so should have the latest software version. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

It sounds like it might be a corrupt setting somewhere.

What I would do is completely clear out everything related to the proggy on your PC.

Firstly take a copy of the "AI-Aircraft-Editor.log" which can be found in your "C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\AI-Aircraft Editor" folder.

Uninstall the proggy and ensure that "C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\AI-Aircraft Editor" is deleted.

Ensure that the "AI-Aircraft Editor.NET" folder, wherever it was installed, is deleted entirely.

Finally, delete the folder "C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\The_Owls_Nest_Tools". That is where the config is stored. There should only be a folder for AIAE in there anyway.

Now if you used a tool such as Everything to search for "AI Aircraft Ediror" on your pc you should find nothing but the raw installation proggy on your PC. If you find anything else then delete it.
You should now be confident enough to reinstall.

The only other thing I would say is a possible cause is that you have installed the proggy under "C:\Program Files (x86)" and the issue is caused by UAC not allowing updates. I have mine installed in "F:\FS Utils" so it will go anywhere you tell it to.

If it still has issues then zip up the log file and pm it to Martin and he might find something useful in it.
Steve
pslinger
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by pslinger »

Thanks Steve for the tips. i will work on this tomorrow.

Paul
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Not to hi-jack the thread but I too am having an issue with the latest version of AI Aircraft Editor. Specifically the model viewer no longer shows me the aircraft. I can turn on contact points and see those but not the aircraft or liveries themselves. Any ideas? System wise I am running Win 10 pro, 8GB GPU, 32GB Ram, FX-8350 processor...
Attachments
AI editor.JPG
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Try to turn off complex shader in the menu bar (the red teapot).
Cheers,
Martin
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

gsnde wrote: 08 Jan 2021, 23:50 Try to turn off complex shader in the menu bar (the red teapot).
Makes no difference...
Attachments
AI editor shaders off.JPG