The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

ai aircraft editor

Post all your development discussions here that don't fit into any of the above categories.
pslinger
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Re: ai aircraft editor

Post by pslinger »

Steve, everything has been deleted and scanned looking for any files in unusual places. I did come across two files in an unexpected location:
C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n.....\LocalState\ApplconCache\100\X__FS-Tools_AI-Aircraft Editor_NET_AI-Aircraft Editor_exe and X__FS-Tools_AI-Aircraft Editor_NET_Manual_AI-Editor-Readme_pdf. I'm not sure what to do with these and whether they are safe to delete.

Paul
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

jetpilot1980 wrote:
gsnde wrote: 08 Jan 2021, 23:50 Try to turn off complex shader in the menu bar (the red teapot).
Makes no difference...
Does it work with any model? Or completely not?

From mobile hence short

Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

pslinger wrote: 09 Jan 2021, 16:28 Steve, everything has been deleted and scanned looking for any files in unusual places. I did come across two files in an unexpected location:
C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n.....\LocalState\ApplconCache\100\X__FS-Tools_AI-Aircraft Editor_NET_AI-Aircraft Editor_exe and X__FS-Tools_AI-Aircraft Editor_NET_Manual_AI-Editor-Readme_pdf. I'm not sure what to do with these and whether they are safe to delete.

Paul

Paul,
You are deleting everything and starting from scratch, so how can you possibly do any harm? Now it may be that these are Windows internal stores that you can't delete but my guess would be not.
Steve
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

gsnde wrote: 09 Jan 2021, 18:00
jetpilot1980 wrote:
gsnde wrote: 08 Jan 2021, 23:50 Try to turn off complex shader in the menu bar (the red teapot).
Makes no difference...
Does it work with any model? Or completely not?

From mobile hence short
Completely not working... Thanks
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

I have seen that Arno has fixed some things that might be related. I will make a new version with updated components, maybe this will fix it.

From mobile hence short
Cheers,
Martin
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Thanks!
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

New version released. Tell me if this fixes above issues.
Cheers,
Martin
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

gsnde wrote: 10 Jan 2021, 08:53 New version released. Tell me if this fixes above issues.
So just downloaded and tried the new version. The good news is with shaders off I can now see the aircraft; however with the shaders on the aircraft is still not showing... Where as I could see the aircraft with shaders in the version I had two releases (including this one) ago. Thanks!
Attachments
AI editor.JPG
AI editor shaders off.JPG
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Happy to hear!

Well, Arno is releasing fixes to his reworked ModelViewer daily. Naturally I will keep AIAE updated, but without notifications that it does not work at all I guess weekly updates of AIAE such be sufficient.

Some things would be interesting:

1. OS, Graphics Card and Driver Version
2. If you look at the same model with MCX - does it work then? If not so, then Arno should learn about so he can fix.

Cheers
Martin
Cheers,
Martin
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

So minor update I can see a few aircraft with the shaders feature for example I can view Dino's F-14D and the FSX BA F/A-18 granted I know since those are designed to be user aircraft and not AI the models are more complex...

OS wise I am using Windows 10 pro 64bit version 19041.685 and Feature pack 120.2212.551.0

GPU is a Radeon R9 390 Radeon software version 20.12.1 released on 12/4/20 (latest version)
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Can you try with MCX, please?

From mobile hence short
Cheers,
Martin
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

So MCX works fine, here is an apple to apples comparison for you... As well as some pics of the Dino F-14D model in AI Editor...
Attachments
MCX Shaders off.JPG
MCX.JPG
Last edited by jetpilot1980 on 10 Jan 2021, 18:37, edited 1 time in total.
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

AI Editor
Attachments
AI editor.JPG
AI editor shaders off.JPG
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Dino Cat in AI Editor
Attachments
Dino Cat.JPG
Dino cat shaders off.JPG
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

ai aircraft editor

Post by gsnde »

Thank you. How does the F-14 look in MCX? Also like a ballerina?

From mobile hence short
Cheers,
Martin
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Dino Cat in MCX attached. The "ballerina" look you are referring to is Dino's modeling of a sonic shockwave...I think several other designers have used that technique as well such as SWS, VRS, FSX BA ect...
Attachments
dino cat mcx.JPG
Dino cat MCX shaders off.JPG
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

Hi I am using the aircraft editor in fsx and trying to have an aircraft not visible in the select menu. I have checked the no 2 box and run the update but still visible any ideas?

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Not visible? From what you are saying it sounds like you would want to delete the fltsim section which can be done either by checking the box next to that aircraft then right clicking and left clicking on "delete selected fltsim.x sections" or "delete selected fltsim.x sections and texture folder" which will remove that aircraft from the aircraft.cfg file... Option b is to do it manually by opening up the aircraft.cfg file in window explorer and either manually deleting that section or commenting it out using "//" in front of each applicable line...
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

I don't think that is what Gary meant.
He wasn't trying to delete the aircraft, just not have it show up in the FSX selection menu.

Gary, what is the no 2 box that you are referring to?
There are two ways in FSX to make the aircraft unselectable. Changing the .air file to AI or removing/renaming the panel folder. Both can be carried out in AIAE fltsin.x panel. Which one is not working?
Steve
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

For that matter would simply removing the panel= line from the fltsim block do it?