The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Warnings of multiple objects with the same name

Post all your development discussions here that don't fit into any of the above categories.
cocoloco
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

Warnings of multiple objects with the same name

Post by cocoloco »

Hi, After installing DHC6-Twin Otter, for P3D4, I am getting warnings of multiple objects with the same name, and to get into the simulator I have to click 5 times one after the other.

I would appreciate your help for a definitive solution

Best regards
swp53
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Re: Warnings of multiple objects with the same name

Post by swp53 »

Hello,
I don't have P3D but it sounds like you need to check in the aircraft cfg file and check the ui_variation= section and make sure each entry is individual with either the aircraft reg or serial number being different.
If each entry is the same you will get this type of error.
Regards,
Steve
Past Beta Tester
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

It isn't the UI_variation section that is the issue, it is the title= section-the sim does not know which AI Aircraft to load if there are two or more with the same name and all duplicates get flagged when the sim starts. I would suspect that you already have the HTAI twin otter installed somewhere (possibly a matrix installation? without know what you have installed I don't know)-you will need to remove either the duplicates flagged up from your recent twin otter installation, or from the earlier install.
cocoloco
Cadet
Cadet

Post by cocoloco »

Steve and Tango, thank you very much for your advice. I will take them both on board and let you know how I get on, but so far everything I have done has been to no avail. It could also be that the regional aircraft may have names that are duplicated or called the same as the model I have installed. I will have a closer look.

Thank you very much.

Thank you very much and best regards
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

I would suggest using a program like AI Companion or equivalent:

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/inde ... opic=29651

Once set up it will be able to locate duplicate titles for you for you to deal with.

AI Aircraft editor works fine for other error checking though I am not sure whether it can check for duplicate titles in different aircraft folders. Version 3 can be downloaded from this page:

http://www.owlsnest.eu/phpatm/index.php ... tory=Tools
cocoloco
Cadet
Cadet

Post by cocoloco »

Tango 234, thank you very much for your kindness. I will look at this and the other options or ideas from your forum colleagues and then let you know the outcome.

Thank you