The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

AI BlackHawk

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: AI BlackHawk

Post by Firebird »

They are in the package guys, in the FSX section.
Steve
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Ok it wasn't just me then. I'm moving all my FSX files to my P3D machine and checking everything in the process. Off to NZY, and viewed all JYAI models, sure enough somehow some FS9 models made the trip over. The S_Guns and S_Wings, also check your R_Hellfires. I copied over the correct models from NS Norfolk package. NZY is busy and probably could use the crosswind runway technique to smooth traffic flow.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Firebird wrote: 22 Jul 2018, 21:11 They are in the package guys, in the FSX section.
Thanks. I found them. I don't know how I missed those.
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Firebird wrote: 22 Jul 2018, 21:11 They are in the package guys, in the FSX section.
Steve I have re-D/L all packages and the models are all FS9 versions (the "model.Sea_Hawk_S_Gun" in the Norfolk Hawks FSX section only holds the model.cfg file). I am still searching for the S_Gun & S_Wings FSX/P3D model.
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Actually Pete they contain the mdls.
The problem is that where you unzipped the package the path name is too long and so it deletes the files.

If you install it to a temp folder in the root directory of drive you will see the files. On my system I installed to F:\MAIW NS Norfolk and it worked absolutely perfectly.

This is not the first time it has happened and it won't be the last. Some of the layers of our packages are quite deep and with long file names they can go over the OS limit.
I always unzip to a root folder to avoid this.
Steve
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Thanks Steve

installed to root of my E: Drive and there they were.
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

No problem.
Like I said it is a useful safety measure to always do that.
Steve
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

There is now a new version of the Pave Hawk helicopter. It is the HH-60W Jolly Green II. The new helicopter is now in service with the 347th Rescue Group and the 58th Special Operations Wing.

https://www.scramble.nl/military-news/f ... l-squadron
https://www.scramble.nl/military-news/k ... -a-new-era

Maybe sometime down the line you could add this updated Pave Hawk to the line up.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Can you spot anything significant that needs to change in the model?

According to the blurb:

"The Jolly Green II features advanced and improved defensive systems, vulnerability reduction, hover performance, electrical capacity, avionics, cooling, weapons, cyber-security, environmental and net-centric requirements".

Is it just a serial number change?

John
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Unless I am mistaken the nose is different. Pluss it has a different winch.

Here is the current HH-60G Pave Hawk https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9587742
Samuray8726
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Samuray8726 »

Hello John, unless I missed it and somebody mentioned it already I'm sorry. The HH-60W is based on the UH-60M model so the engine exhausts are different from previous Pavehawks. The nose section is also quite different with the red and FLIR attached on a new bulge like area. Of note also are the ammo storage boxes for the door Gunner mounted weapons which are mounted on the outside of the fuselage, below the door Gunner windows.

Martin
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks for that. It's not something I want to touch at the moment, particularly for 2 aircraft.

John
Samuray8726
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Samuray8726 »

Sorry to hear that John, once again I have to say your Blackhawks are really awesome, hopefully, perhaps one day you'll revisit them. An HH-60W which is now coming into service and surprisingly quickly, 10 flying and two operational units already receiving their first examples, and the Japanese made SH-60K would definitely top the whish list.

Martin
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Sorry about that Martin, but I just can't physically respond to every request that crops up here. I promised Miljan the Gazelles some months ago and then bowed to requests and got diverted into more A109's than I first intended. I really want to press on and deliver what I said I would deliver and not keep getting side tracked.

John
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

I mentioned it in 2017, for now the MH-60W would be the next best thing and not require John to mod anything. The M would have the upturned exhausts, tip caps, and square stabilator. The MH adds the IFR probe, the antennas are slightly different.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

John, know you are super busy on the Gaz at the moment and 100 other projects, just a question on the paint kit. I'm looking at repainting the Danish MH-60Rs and wondering if I can "alpha out" the torpedo as the RDAF versions are unarmed?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

John, you should do what YOU want to do and not feel pressured into something, it will drive you away from the hobby.
I'm grateful for whatever comes out of the box and thank you for all you've done for the hobby, I could go on a rant about
some request's but I won't.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Sorry Chris, I don't know how to respond to that question since I never alpha out anything 3-D wise. Can you not just try it and see what happens?

I could create a new model, but I'm being pulled in a number of directions at the moment and I need to resist a further diversion.

Sorry about that.

John
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

Victory103 wrote: 05 Jan 2021, 18:38 John, know you are super busy on the Gaz at the moment and 100 other projects, just a question on the paint kit. I'm looking at repainting the Danish MH-60Rs and wondering if I can "alpha out" the torpedo as the RDAF versions are unarmed?
Chris, if I remember correctly as it was a long time ago, you can ALPHA things out by using a black alpha channel.
just create a new layer in you paint programme name it ??? paint over want you want to hide in black then save that layer
as an Alpha Channel and add it to the finished paint, that's how it worked for FS9 anyway not sure about FSX or P3D.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

You should be able to alpha out the torpedo since it has it's own area of the texture sheet and corresponding mapping:

The pylon though can't be since it's a shared part of the sheet.

John