The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

JYAI P-8 Poseidon and B-737 AEW&C

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: JYAI P-8 Poseidon and B-737 AEW&C

Post by petebramley »

Great package John and the guy's.

I also have a question about YPED !

I have some old P3C paints/flightplans for 10 & 11 SQN, I have deleted the 10 SQN stuff but what about 11SQN. There are 9 paints as follows:

A9-656
A9-657
A9-658
A9-659
A9-662
A9-663
A9-664
A9-665
A9-751

The paints were done by Graham King but I cannot be sure who did the Flightplans ??
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

The current P-8s are assigned to 11 Sqn with 292 Sqn now providing the OCU training for both the P-3 and the P-8, using 10 and 11 sqn aircraft.
So it would be more accurate to remove the 11 Sqn P-3s and leave 10 Sqn in place.
Steve
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

There are only 7 P3s in RAAF service, 2 are used by the OCU (less will be used once the P-8s start to be delivered) 5 with 10Sqn Are you not using the P3s in the package?

I did the FPs for YPED and PLEASE do not fiddle with them as they are carefully coordinated to avoid clashes of a/c on the apron.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Joseph29 wrote: 01 Feb 2017, 07:49 In the screenshot for YPED that is in the readme it shows trees in the sscenery. My scenery (FS9) don't have any trees at all in the scenery. How do I get the trees?
maverick69 wrote: 01 Feb 2017, 06:35
Joseph29 wrote: 01 Feb 2017, 04:16 I am just getting around to installing the scenery for the P-8's and I have a question about the YPED scenery. The readme says that I need the file MG_Aussie_Military_Vehicles.bgl in the mg_scenery_lib_obs_col1.zip. It says it's located at flightsim but when I searched for the file it wasn't found. Where can I get that file?
try to search "mg__scenery_lib_obs_col_1.zip"
Thanks. That was it.

Have you installed the current MAIW Global Scenery Library? I used a lot of stuff from there, including the trees?
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

John & Steve

Thanks for your replies. I am using the P3's from this package but was not sure what to do with the 11Sqn birds I had already in my sim. Having looked a little deeper and with the advice given I will remove the old 11Sqn paints. John, there is no way I'm going to fiddle with your FP's.
Pete B
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Jolly good. When I first did them I had pile ups on the shared taxiways! :)

YPED is undergoing a major rebuild ready for a 100% P-8 fleet. I've seen the contract and it's a big change to apron.

Let me know how you get on with the trees and textures problem.

Cheers
John

Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

VulcanDriver wrote: 01 Feb 2017, 11:19
Joseph29 wrote: 01 Feb 2017, 07:49 In the screenshot for YPED that is in the readme it shows trees in the sscenery. My scenery (FS9) don't have any trees at all in the scenery. How do I get the trees?
maverick69 wrote: 01 Feb 2017, 06:35

try to search "mg__scenery_lib_obs_col_1.zip"
Thanks. That was it.

Have you installed the current MAIW Global Scenery Library? I used a lot of stuff from there, including the trees?
Just wanted to let you know that I downloaded the MAIW Global Scenery Library again and now I have trees at YPED. The last time I downloaded the MAIW Global Scenery Library was back in March (I think) 2016. I guess it was updated since then but I did not know that.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

One last problem with YPED. There is a building with 3 radars around it and a small radar tower/pole on the roof. All the radars are missing textures.

This is the last thing I am having a problem with YPED.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Joseph29 wrote: 02 Feb 2017, 03:23 One last problem with YPED. There is a building with 3 radars around it and a small radar tower/pole on the roof. All the radars are missing textures.

The dishes are white so you may well have the textures but you can't see them if you see what I mean. BTW they are satellite communication dishes.
John

Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

VulcanDriver wrote: 02 Feb 2017, 05:03
Joseph29 wrote: 02 Feb 2017, 03:23 One last problem with YPED. There is a building with 3 radars around it and a small radar tower/pole on the roof. All the radars are missing textures.

The dishes are white so you may well have the textures but you can't see them if you see what I mean. BTW they are satellite communication dishes.
Oh. ok. I thought they were missing textures.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Nope they seem to be white for some reason. I assume its some kind of protective coating.
John

jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Probably me being a biff, but....

If I try to go to YPED I get a FS9 CTD.
In the "RAAF Edinburgh Landclass" folder there's a Scenery folder as expected but also a world folder contining a texture folder that contains various bmps.

Is this folder supposed to go into the top level scenery/world/texture folder or have I got myslef all confused, any help would be gratefully accepted.

Many Thanks

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Jim

The landclass bitmaps must go into the scenery\world\texture folder.

The bgl files should ideally go into "MAIW lanclass" folder or a similar folder with no "texture" folder with the "scenery" folder.

FS9\Scenery\MAIW Landclass\scenery for example.

If the bitmaps are not found the sim will crash.

John
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Joseph29 wrote: 02 Feb 2017, 02:11The last time I downloaded the MAIW Global Scenery Library was back in March (I think) 2016. I guess it was updated since then but I did not know that.
Front page. Fifth news tile. "Updated MAIW Global Scenery Library Objects". :wink:
ado4567
Captain
Captain

Post by ado4567 »

were do
you find that update
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

JohnTenn wrote: 02 Feb 2017, 17:49 Jim

The landclass bitmaps must go into the scenery\world\texture folder.

The bgl files should ideally go into "MAIW lanclass" folder or a similar folder with no "texture" folder with the "scenery" folder.

FS9\Scenery\MAIW Landclass\scenery for example.

If the bitmaps are not found the sim will crash.

John
Cheers John, even after the textures were in the right place it was still crashing going to YPED. Checked and discovered a host of missing textures in the world/texture folder. Replace them, and now working OK.

Many Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

ado4567 wrote: 02 Feb 2017, 18:37 were do
you find that update
If you read the story that Greg pointed out on the front page there is a link in there to take you to the latest version.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Even better, if you read the Poseidon manual, which is essential if you want to install the scenery components, there's a link on page 8 that will take you straight to the latest version of the MAIW global libraries.

John
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

RTFM

I will say it again RTFM

If even a marginally intelligent (Though I say so myself) ex Matelot can understand it please read the accompanying instructions. Its not hard is it !!
Pete B
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I have a quick question. Where do I find the textures for the P-3C that are at Sigonella? (the ones in the traffic file Traffic_Sigonella P-3.bgl)