The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

JYAI P-8 Poseidon and B-737 AEW&C

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: JYAI P-8 Poseidon and B-737 AEW&C

Post by John Young »

There's only one paint (serves all). It's in "licz_js.zip", specified in the Poseidon manual.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Have you installed John Stinstroms scenery?
Steve
danhult
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by danhult »

For those who downloaded my Indian Navy package, here are updated traffic files removing my P-8s so as to be compatible with John Young's package. Simply replace your old traffic file with the appropriate file here.
Attachments
traffic_indian_navy_fixed_FSX.bgl
(14 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Traffic_indian_navy_fixed.bgl
(14 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

John Young wrote: 31 Jan 2017, 07:04
regan123 wrote: 30 Jan 2017, 18:39 John Y - I've downloaded the updated package. The Florida Orion plans are showing the duplicate aircraft error mentioned upthread. Is that as it should be?
Apologies, I updated the traffic file components and put them in the new zip, but obviously forgot to put the compiled .bgls in. I've attached them below. The second one is the FS9 version.
Sorry I only catched this now but there are still quite a few issues with the updated Florida Orions plans, John. Even the updated ones attached to this topic. The KC-135's are planned twice; once from KNIP (old P-3 plans I presume) and once from KMCF. There are also numerous mismatches between aircraft numbers and flightplans for the P-8's and P-3's. :?
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I just tried to substitute P-8s into the P-3 slots that Des produced originally for his Florida Orion's package. I don't think I touched the KC-135s, but it's several months back that I did it. I only had a go myself because Des, having said he would do it, didn't get around to it. Flight planning is not my forte and I really don't want to get embroiled in these particular ones again. If anyone finding them a problem wants to produce a better set then they have my blessing.

John
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Of course John I completely understand. I wouldn't want you to lose hours looking into this when that time would me much better spent on a spectacular new model. ;)

I'll see if I can straighten everything out myself and if so I will post the plans here.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks Greg. I'm enjoying the B-58A Hustler build at the moment. I'm only 3 days in but it's working well.

John
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

Was there ever a fix for the duplicate entries for the Florida Orion plans? I was updating the MacDill KC-135's with the new MGAI paints and saw the errors.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

Joseph29 wrote: 08 May 2017, 09:07 Was there ever a fix for the duplicate entries for the Florida Orion plans? I was updating the MacDill KC-135's with the new MGAI paints and saw the errors.
Never mind. I fixed it up myself. I didn't think I had enough time to do it before I had to go.
hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by hawk_sh »

I discovered a small mistake in the aircraft.cfg of the P-8 Poseidons based at NAS Patuxent River which prevents them from parking at their desired parking spots.

The parking codes are atc_parking_codes=Vx1P for VX-1 and atc_parking_codes=x20P for VX-20.

However they should be atc_parking_codes=VX1P and atc_parking_codes=X20P (uppercase letters).

Otherwise the P-8s will park at the transient ramp and not at the VX-1 and VX-20 ramp area.
Hartwig