The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

JYAI P-8 Poseidon and B-737 AEW&C

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: P-3 Orion on the way out, need the P-8

Post by jimrodger »

Firebird wrote:The RAF have crew on the P-8s with VP-30
That's the seedcorn guys that are going to be the core trainers..

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
jgowing
Captain
Captain

Post by jgowing »

Back with 4 engined MPA.. Japan has thought it worth a new design, the RAF even considered it, apparently. But if ever there was a plane to round out the recent Japanese theme in MAIW...
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Yea I kinda wish the RAF would have bought that plane instead just for the cool factor!
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

My intentions at the moment are to complete the Poseidon, then make the Wedgetail from the bones of that and then make the Kawasaki P-1 from scratch to complete the trio. With good summer weather at the moment, work in the garden is competing for time, but I'll press on.......

John
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

Thanks John looking forward to the trio.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

John Young wrote:My intentions at the moment are to complete the Poseidon, then make the Wedgetail from the bones of that and then make the Kawasaki P-1 from scratch to complete the trio. With good summer weather at the moment, work in the garden is competing for time, but I'll press on.......

John
Cannot thank you enough.
The P1 will fill the MPA gap nicely.
Oh for a decent Nimrod & Shack tho'

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

Shack :) 1,000,000 rivets in formation !
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I've now finished 61 Poseidons in both FS9 and FSX native code. We just need the AFCADs and flight plans to bring them to life.

6 aircraft are destined for Patuxant River (VX-1 and VX-20) and 28 at Jacksonville (VX-10, VX-16, VX-26, VX-30 and VX-45). Des has kindly agreed to update the existing MAIW scenery and flight plans with the Poseidons (largely P3C replacements).

6 aircraft (VP-8) are destined for Kadena, Okinawa. Brent has kindly agreed to update his AFCAD and flight plans to enable this.

5 aircraft (VP-5) are destined for Shaikh Isa Air Base Bahrain, but I don't know what scenery exists already. Would anyone like to take this bit on please?

Included in the 45 US Navy paints are various "CAG" tail schemes:

I've also produced the 8 paints for the 11 Sqn RAAF aircraft that will eventually be based at Edinburgh (YPED), South Australia. The first of these aircraft flew on the 24 May this year and from what I've read, is currently with VP-30 in the USA for crew training. I'll ask Des to include 001 in the Jacksonville update. Eventually we will need some scenery and flight plans for Edinburgh, Australia. Any one interested in doing these please? These are the aircraft ready and waiting at my test airfield:

Finally, I've done the 8 aircraft of Indian Naval Air Squadron 312-A. These aircraft are based at Raijali (VOAR). The model is slightly different to the US Navy ones, with different antennae and a MAD boom at the rear:

I couldn't find any scenery for Raijali, so again, I wonder if anyone would like to take this on please?

While the AFCADs and flight plans are being worked on, I'm going to move on to the next stage, which is to build the AEW&C "Wedgetail" from the bones of the P-8A.

John
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

John Young wrote:28 at Jacksonville (VX-10, VX-16, VX-26, VX-30 and VX-45). Des has kindly agreed to update the existing MAIW scenery and flight plans with the Poseidons (largely P3C replacements).
If Des would be kind enough to send some of those over to Cecil for use as a relief training field, I'm sure we might see something in the updated scenery department for that. *wink* *wink*

Brilliant work John.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Wow, just saw a pic posted on Facebook from a guy stationed at NAS Jax, the weirdness of zero P-3s and all P-8s on the ramp.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Dan Hult has already done a scenery and traffic files for VOAR. Files at Avsim.

ai_indiannavy_fixedwing_fs9_v2.zip.

John
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

There's also Kaspar Damm Larsen's (RKE) on AVSIM
Basic, but a starting point.

insrajali.zip

Jim
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

JohnTenn wrote:Dan Hult has already done a scenery and traffic files for VOAR. Files at Avsim.

ai_indiannavy_fixedwing_fs9_v2.zip.

John
I've only got aircraft in that download, are you sure?

Jim
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Wow, what a pack !! Thanks

For Shaikh Isa Air Base Bahrain, there is an AFCAD in this pack : MAIW - ROYAL BAHRANI AIR FORCE F-16C/D PACKAGE (http://www.militaryaiworks.com/download ... orce-f-16s)

but you can find another scenery here : http://www.surclaro.com/fs2004-scenery_ ... dateD.html
It's a very good scenery from Dale Ashcroft, you can download it on Flightsim.com too (search for Dale Ashcroft)
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

I apologise

I have been changing feet in my mouth all day so to speak.

The ADE file I have is by Kaspar Damm Larsen. Should have checked first.

John
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

John I can get you FP's for the Pax River birds, we already have a few FP's for those aircraft from the original pack.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks Mike. Hartwig has just shown me some design work that he has been doing for some time on Pax River. It was originally intended for his personal use and is about 80% complete. He's just sent me some screen shots and it looks very good. I'll put a few in a PM to you and Des tomorrow for you to have a look. If we could decide between us how best to proceed that would hopefully prevent duplicating work. It would also free up Des to concentrate on updating Jacksonville for the P-8As.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

On the subject of Pax River, are we saying that JS's scenery used in our package can't be used?
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I'm not familiar with Pax River Steve and all I asked for was for the existing AFCAD and flight plans to be updated as necessary to accommodate the new Poseidons. From what I've learned since, the scenery needs updating physically and I think Mike G was planning on doing something in response to a request. Hartwig then surfaced what he's been doing. Just trying to avoid duplication.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Fair enough. Just asking the question to ensure that someone didn't spend their time unnecessarily.
Steve