The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Augusta Wesland AW139

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
paul64
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Augusta Wesland AW139

Post by paul64 »

Paints on there own would be great John, let others fill the void with scenery and flightplans. You never know I may dust off my design program
Paul
mins
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by mins »

Wow...

John is Great creative machine.

Work has come up again.

Awesome.

Many thanks...^ ^b.
Attachments
1.jpg
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks Mins. How many of those does The ROK have and do you have the serials?

John
mins
Captain
Captain

Post by mins »

John Young wrote: 17 Aug 2018, 05:47 Thanks Mins. How many of those does The ROK have and do you have the serials?

John
Coast guard, National Fire Agency, Samsung (Korean air Lease)...ETC..

It has a total of 11 units.

I know all the serials.

It is released later, it is planning to paint it all. Thanks.

Mins
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

That sound good Mins. I’ll need to look at the configurations of those ROK users in case none of the 10 models I’ve produced so far are suitable, but the illustration you posted looks fine, at least for the Coast Guard variant that looks similar to the Japanese aircraft in that role.

The time consuming thing about helicopters like these, is not just the varied external equipment configurations and the cabin layout, but the dispersed nature of the deployment. That means instead of the usual one or two large airfield sceneries required, several smaller heliports are also needed. My thanks to Brent for pursuing these for Japan and also to Giorgio for Italy.

While they have been working on these, I’ve been pressing on with the Italian AW139 examples and have completed the 17 aircraft of Aeronautica Militare. In addition to the extended nose and standard grey scheme on 13 of them, four, with the standard nose, have a white scheme for training and VIP transport. Here are a few FSX shots of the 3 models I've created (FS9 also done):

I'm not sure at the moment how I will release the aircraft. I was planning to split them into two parts - Japan and Italy, but I'm making good progress with latter it might be just as well to have one combined release - all the aircraft share the same aircraft.cfg file and .air file. I'll know better by next weekend, when I hope to have completed the Italian Coast Guard, Police, GDF and Fire examples and Brent and Giorgio can update me on the scenery/flight plans. I know already that Brent has uploaded Niigata and Yao for use in all 3 sim versions.

John
Trevytt2004
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Trevytt2004 »

How about these from my part of the world...

Trinidad & Tobago Air National Guard
https://www.helis.com/database/modelorg ... ard-AW139/
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

It would need a separate model with a completely different winch on the right side. I'd consider it if you were able to provide the scenery and flight plans.

John
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

mins wrote: 17 Aug 2018, 02:26 Wow...

Work has come up again.

Awesome.

Many thanks...^ ^b.
Next project, hopefully will complement your repaint :)

Jim
Attachments
Korea_Coast_Guard_CN-235-220M.jpg
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

12 Italian Coast Guard 139's just delivered to Giorgio to place and flight plan, bringing the current project count to 11 models and 66 paints:

8 Italian Police, 5 GDF and 2 Fire examples remaining....

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

That should keep him out of trouble for a couple of days.
Steve
mins
Captain
Captain

Post by mins »

jimrodger wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 10:47
mins wrote: 17 Aug 2018, 02:26 Wow...

Work has come up again.

Awesome.

Many thanks...^ ^b.
Next project, hopefully will complement your repaint :)

Jim
Hello.

I have already painted.

If you want, I will make some modifications and upload them. Thanks.

Mins
Attachments
1.jpg
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

I was looking at doing the VIP ones as well, so please upload yours and I will have rethink on my next project.

Jim

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

An update from Italy.
I'm working on the Italian sceneries needed for this new beauty.
Unfortunately, I'm an ancient user of FS9 so, I can't provide any airport for FSX/P3D users.
Sorry for that.
Me and John didn't yet discuss about this. May be he can convert them for FSX, as he did for the Israeli F-35.

The airports I'm working on are:
Cervia-Pisignano - LIPC (brand new)
Trapani-Birgi - LICT (an update of the previously released in MAIW package)
Gioia del Colle - LIBV (as above)
Pratica di Mare . LIRE (as above)
Luni-Sarzana - LIQW (an update of the prviously released in my Marina Militare Italiana package)
Decimomannu - LIED (not new, but never released before)

Many AW-139 are spreaded on all the Italian territory. I'm checking the availability for already published sceneries. If they are good, I'll provide an updated AFD to accomodate properly the helicopters.

Later.

Giorgio
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

No problem Giorgio. I'll check all your FS9 sceneries for FSX and P3D and provide the fixes if I can.

I've just spent a couple of hours having fun checking Brent's 9 Japanese heliports to the same end in all 3 sim versions. The only problem I've found is that with the FSX versions used in P3Dv4, the AFCAD concrete disappears as you slew away from it in all the sceneries. Brent doesn't have P3Dv4 so I'll happily take on the fix if I knew what I need to do. Can anyone advise please?

John
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Post by gavinc »

John Young wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 16:04 The only problem I've found is that with the FSX versions used in P3Dv4, the AFCAD concrete disappears as you slew away from it in all the sceneries.

John
John, could this possibly be the "draw surface" flag not being set correctly? It is usually an issue with FS9 AFCADs when they are imported to P3D but maybe you are seeing it here?

Just a thought

Gavin
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Just checked Brent's AFCADs with AFX Gavin and they are in FSX format with the "Draw Surface" and "Draw detailed textures" boxes checked for each polygon. Is there something more than needs to be done?

John
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Some of Brent's older Japanese FSX AFD's have the draw flags issue, but I don't think that's at play here.

Is it that the runway/taxiways disappear around your aircraft and the grass shows through? That usually means a problem with the elevation although I find it strange that all airfields have the same issue. Check if the runway elevation is the same as the airfield elevation. Also check if the airfield elevation is the same as the stock airfield elevation. If not, an ALT file should have been created by ADE and provided with the scenery. Or you can change the elevation to the stock airfield elevation and no ALT file is needed.

A flatten background poly may also solve it if you haven't tried that.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Greg, that's a thought, but all of these AFDs are custom named since none of them exist in the default sim.... so, I don't think that ALT files should have any impact. I checked the runways and they match the airport altitude.

Several of the locations have FSX CVX files with flatten polygons, the others are still using FS9 VTP files for their background polys, since they worked when I checked them in FSX. I don't know if the VTP files in P3d could be causing a problem, but that wouldn't explain the locations with CVX files.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I tried removing the VTP files this morning, but the polygons still disappear There is something different about these heliports. Normally, Brent's FSX AFCADs usually work fine in P3Dv4. I also re-tested Niigata, a full blown scenery that accommodates AW139s and there's no problem there. Is it the fact that the heliports, as Brent says, do not exist in the default sim?

As a further test I copied the AFCAD for RH01 and renamed it ALT_RH01.bgl. I deleted all the scenery, but left the airport elevation as is. I placed this copy in P3Dv4\scenery\world\scenery. The polygons still disappeared. Did I make the ALT file correctly?

John
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

If there's no stock airfield for that location, then there's no need for an ALT file indeed.

I can take a look tonight if you want. Just share the files on the dev FTP.