The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Fuji T-5 and T-7 Trainers

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Fuji T-5 and T-7 Trainers

Post by John Young »

Brent and I are pleased to announce the completion of a project that features the primary training aircraft, the Fuji T-5 and T-7 of the Japan Maritime Self Defense Force (JMSDF) and the Japan Air Defense Force (JASDF) respectively. Associated scenery and flight plans by Brent are either included in the package, or are already available from MAIW.

There are two model variations for each of the two aircraft types – 2 crew, 1 crew and also 2crew but with the canopy permanently closed to give variation when parked. There are separate packages for FS9 and FSX/P3Dv4.

The JMSDF T-5 trainers are based at Ozuki and Brent has produced new scenery that works in all 3 sim versions (FS9, FSX and P3Dv4):

The JASDF T-7 aircraft are primarily based at Shizuhama and Hofu. Again, Brent has produced new sceneries for all 3 sim versions:

In addition two further aircraft are based at Gifu and Hamamatsu using Brent's existing scenery:

I thought that this would be a nice easy project after the hugely complex Panavia Tornado project. The modelling and painting were fine. The FDE was a little problematic initially, but these sorts of antics were easily overcome:

However, the aircraft insisted for a long time to mimic an F-15E landing with the nose very high and keeping the nose wheel off the runway, albeit at a much lower speed. It took a couple of weeks to solve this and I am grateful to Steve (Firebird) for his work in getting there and also in smoothing out the FDE envelope. Both aircraft types use the same FDE and share one aircraft folder.

I’ve sent the two packages to Greg this morning for inclusion in the Download Hanagr. As always, please allow him the time to make them available.

John, Brent and Steve
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Re: Fuji T-5 and T-7 Trainers

Post by bismarck »

In this last period you were a bit too quiet here on the forum. :smt017
I suspected you were working on something secret ... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Nice addition.

Thanks, Giorgio.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks Giorgio. Actually I was working on two projects together - the Fuji trainers and the conversion of the Shinmaywa flying boats at Iwakuni for P3Dv4. The last two weeks I was stuck, trying to problem solve both. All good now and I'll press on to get the Iwakuni project packaged and uploaded next.

John
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Now in the hangar (and soon in Matrix).
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Just FYI Greg, the Ozuki and Hofu included in this package are complete rebuilds. The original versions that are in the hangar can go away.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Thanks Brent, I'll take care of that.