JYAI C-130J Specials

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: JYAI C-130J Specials

Post by John Young »

The RAF C-130J’s are complete and sent for inclusion in the MAIW Download Hangar this morning. There are 13 of the long fuselage models (C4’s) and sadly only the 2 remaining short bodies (C5’s). The models include doors open/closed, refueling probe/no probe and tanks/no tanks options. The paint work was quite interesting to do, with quite a few panel colour variations and especially the Mylar anti-stone film applied to the fuselage under side, rear lower cargo door and to one degree or another to the fuselage sides.

A C4 model without a probe and missile warning sensors on the rear fuselage was also needed for ZH866 which belongs to the Heavy Aircraft Test & Evaluation Squadron (206 Sqn) which is headquartered at Boscombe Down, but the aircraft itself is based at Brize Norton. It carries the special 100th anniversary tail paint:

No scenery is included because choices are somewhat limited, particularly for FSX and P3Dv4. However flight plans are included for the 15 aircraft and these should work with whatever scenery is used provided the parking spots are of the right size and type.

P3Dv4 scenery of RAF Brize Norton is currently in development by Paul and Matt and I was pleased to have been sent a “work in progress” version to try the C-130’s. Here are a couple of screen shots with the added Hercs:

I’ll make a start on the Canadian packages next.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

At least with the C5s it won't take somebody too long to paint up the 2 going to Bahrain and the 1 going to Bangladesh. Others will be sold as well, so there will be some further use for that model.

Plus there is always a retro package option.
Steve
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by miljan »

And we have C-130K in Austria as well
VIVA LA VIDA
ado4567
Captain
Captain

Post by ado4567 »

ZH880 and ZH883 and zh887 special paints
ado4567
Captain
Captain

Post by ado4567 »

is they going to be more a400 atals and raf Hercules paints
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

ZH880, ZH883 and ZH887 are now retro paints. The only paints I'm intending to do now are for the Canadian (part done) and Italian C-130 packages. After that, I'll release the generic models to add to what's been done already, plus a comprehensive paint kit. Would you care to contribute a paint or two yourself ado4567?

John
volador
Captain
Captain

Post by volador »

Many thanks for the new Hercs!
Miguel
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

For the RAF C-130's I know there is no scenery for Brize Norton yet, but does anyone know of a AFCAD for the default scenery (P3D) I can use until the scenery is finished?
jetrange
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by jetrange »

Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Thanks!
jetrange
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by jetrange »

Has anyone else heard that the Spookies are near retirement? They got back from their last deployment.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I haven't but as there are 52x Ghostriders ordered plus the fact that the USAF is updating all of the Hs being kept - including 8 bladed props and new engines- it doesn't really surprise me.

Sounds like a sensible money saving idea.
Steve
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by btaylo24 »

Barry
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Read the earlier forum on the miss-spelled model.cfgs for the MC-130Js, but it's late and as I sit on the ramp at Kadena, my 4x MC-130H Drogues are showing up as MC-130Js with the "H" paints. Model.cfg and folders seem fine.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Good spot Chris. I've had a look and found the problem. The file in the MC-130H_Drogue model folder is actually an MC-130J.

Sorry about that. I'll sweep that up with a couple of other items already flagged at the end of the project, but the easiest way to correct the problem for now is to copy the MC-130H_Drogue model folder from the Hurlburt package (if you have it) to the replace the one in the Kadena folder. This is for FSX and P3Dv4. There is no problem with the FS9 version.

John
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Yes on Hurlburt and easy fix on my end, I looked over and initially noticed the props were J's and grey in color and missing TF radome...hmm.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The Canadian C-130 package has been quite complex since it features 5 different Hercules types: CC-130J-30, CC-130H-30, H73 (C130E), H84 and the CC-130 HT tanker. Those are all done and painted and I'm in the process of setting them up in their home sceneries - Trenton, Greenwood and Winnipeg. The first two are working fine with the aircraft in all 3 sim versions, but the only scenery for Wiinpeg (CYWG) I have found is for FSX and that also works in P3Dv4. I haven't found anything usable and with the new passenger terminal (completed 2011 I believe) for FS9.

There is a reference to Winnipeg (cywg_js.zip) for FS9 in the John Stinstrom thread, but it's not at Avsim as suggested. It's not at flightsim.com either. I'm also aware of the great looking Winnipeg scenery under development by Greg Putz in his FsDeveloper thread, but it's not completed yet.

Does anyone know of a good Winnipeg (CYWG) scenery for FS9 that I can test and hopefully recommend for CC-130 HT operations please?

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

John,
I have had a look for cywg_js.zip and as luck would have it I installed it and still have the original zip.

I placed a copy in your folder for you to look over.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks Steve. I'm sure it will be good, but I'll need to direct users to the file since I don't have permission to include it in the C-130 package. Any idea where you got it from, if it wasn't Avsim please?

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well if you see the age of the file it would have been direct from Avsim I would imagine.

As you say I tried searching through all his loads on both avsim and fltsim.com and it is not there.

John has always allowed us to use his scenery but I can understand that this is different as he never included it in a package for us.
The only thing that I can think of is if we make it available to our hangar as a lost file from a friend and then instruct people to get it from there.

This is the only thing that I can think of that is kosher. This also supposes that it meets your requirements.
Steve