JY Hunter single-seat FSX model

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
TimC340
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

JY Hunter single-seat FSX model

Post by TimC340 » 24 Apr 2019, 16:23

John, I just came across this while rationalising some of my AI stable and checking what works in P3Dv4 using Martin's AI-Aircraft Editor.NET; the FSX single-seat Hunter model has its canopy opening via a lateral slide rather than a longitudinal one. A little inconvenient for the pilot - I used to struggle enough getting out of the thing with the conventional opening! I quite understand if you don't want to revisit it. Maybe I'll try and work out how to edit animations one day...
Attachments
Hunter F58 Canopy Error.JPG
Hunter F58 Canopy Error.JPG (20.76 KiB) Viewed 255 times

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: JY Hunter single-seat FSX model

Post by Firebird » 24 Apr 2019, 17:34

How does it actually look in game?
The reason I ask is that there is at least one chopper that shows the main rotor as being vertical through the fuselage in AIAE.
Steve

TimC340
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by TimC340 » 24 Apr 2019, 17:37

Good question, Steve. I'm not entirely sure where I have Hunters flying in-game! It takes over an hour to load my P3Dv4, and then about 30-40 minutes to change location, so it may take a while to find out (yes, I know I can interrogate the traffic files to give myself a shortcut!).

hschuit
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by hschuit » 24 Apr 2019, 18:48

Nothing wrong with the JY Hunter canopy. Sometimes animations are just not shown correctly in the model viewers in MCX and AI-Aircraft Editor.NET. You should always check in the sim before claiming there is a problem.

Henk.

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird » 24 Apr 2019, 20:41

Tim, I do know what you mean. When I am testing an fde/aircraft I always rename my Aircraft folder to Aircraft_Full and create a new Aircraft folder and just copy in what I need.
It loads a helluva lot faster. You don't need to worry about scenery or traffic files just the aircraft. A useful tip if you need to check out a specific aircraft or even a new package.
Steve

TimC340
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by TimC340 » 24 Apr 2019, 22:12

Yes, gotcha Steve. I do think I need a vanilla installation of P3D to check stuff like this. When v5 comes out I’ll bite the bullet and buy (yet) another copy so I can do just that. I do have v3 on another computer, but of course that’s not great for checking v4 compatibility. Of course, I could stop trying to load the entire world each time I fire P3D4.5 up; around 2Tb of ‘stuff’ does slow the whole thing down somewhat!

TimC340
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by TimC340 » 24 Apr 2019, 22:14

hschuit wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 18:48
Nothing wrong with the JY Hunter canopy. Sometimes animations are just not shown correctly in the model viewers in MCX and AI-Aircraft Editor.NET. You should always check in the sim before claiming there is a problem.

Henk.
Cheers, Henk - good to know. I’ll take care not to have such a hair-trigger reaction in future!

miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by miljan » 26 Apr 2019, 18:26

This issue is appearing from time to time . Depends how animations and parent part are set . Had that with my Super galeb but changed it to look better.
VIVA LA VIDA