The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

JYAI B-58 Hustler and Carswell AFB P3Dv4.4

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
Marine1
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

JYAI B-58 Hustler and Carswell AFB P3Dv4.4

Post by Marine1 »

Tried to use the JYAI B-58 Hustler file in P3D. AI Hustlers show up great. However the scenery does not. Will the FSX version of this be updated for use in P3Dv4.4?? I love my Hustlers, and I have Bunker Hill working, but not Carswell AFB. Would really appreciate if the FSX file could be updated for P3D.

Thanks!!
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: JYAI B-58 Hustler and Carswell AFB P3Dv4.4

Post by petebramley »

Unlikely to be updated for a very long time (if ever). why don't you take the original scenery and update it yourself with ADE. There is a thread somewhere on MAIW that explains how its done but I forget where it is.

Edit:
Found it look at Briefings and select How to convert MAIW packages to FSX/P3D?
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

How is the scenery not working in P3D? Is the scenery completely not showing up or is it displaying wrong?

I would expect many of the buildings to not show in P3D since they are from object libraries that have not been made compatible with P3D. Almost all of the Lockheed Martin side of the field was done with an object library made for FS9 that we don't have the rights to modify, so unless someone updates that library for their personal use, it won't likely display in P3D correctly.
Marine1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Marine1 »

The AI Hustlers show up fine. Problem is with the buildings showing up. The airport is good to go for the main part. Not having the library objects is whats missing.

I'll have a poke at seeing if I can find a way to get the libraries updated, if that's possible.

Thanks for the help/replies.
Marine1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Marine1 »

You guys are awesome!! I converted the object library and I have buildings, fences, and blast walls. All is right with the world again. :)