The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Adding a sound to AI

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
Miggers
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Adding a sound to AI

Post by Miggers »

Further to this post on the ACG Duxford scenery set:

https://militaryaiworks.com/forums/17/18978

As I understand it,to add a sound file(or a link to),the object has to be moving AI not static.
Is it possible to add a sound link or cfg file to said moving AI at all?

I've now got the sound file,
(http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/l ... nkid=15420)

It's in MP.3 format,but I've converted it WAV format and the idea is that you use it as MP.3 via this:

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?Se ... &Go=Search

and it plays via FSUIPC.

It works well using the original MP.3 "day" file,but as soon as you add the "Duxford day sound in place of the
original,it doesn't start when you shut the engine off or stop when you restart,it just plays all the time
(possibly something to do with the FSUIPC coding/key set up?).

Hence the question,could I add the WAV file conversion to Fs9's "sound" folder and configure it to
play via the AI Duxford aircraft?

Many thanks.

Miggs
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: Adding a sound to AI

Post by Greg »

Hi Miggs,

I'm not sure you'll find anyone here with enough knowledge about the AI sound system to help you.

But on another note: what's the reason for starting a new thread in the John Young AI forum instead of continuing your original one?
Miggers
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Miggers »

Hi Gregg,

Sorry about that.

All the AI at Duxford is John Young's,so if anyone is best placed to answer my question about adding sound,
I thought it would be he,that's all.

Once I get things sorted,I'll share my finding and solutions with all on here.

Remove anything you feel unnecessary.

Cheers, Miggs.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I saw your post in the other thread Miggs, but I didn't respond because I didn't know the answer to your question. Sorry, I can't help you with a global sound that plays for the duration of the air show. You can add a custom sound folder (Soundai) to an AI aircraft in FSX and P3D but not in FS9.

John
Miggers
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Miggers »

Ok John,

thanks for that.

Another bod has given a similar answer and said to use the old Lago FSE set up to add the sounds
I want to the scenery I want.
Problem is that I know that comes with it's own set of scenery.
I run Just flight and ACG stuff coupled with a lot your own AI.
The FSE "common" scenery folder wants to be No.1 in the scenery list which I know that will
upset the Just Flight stuff and cause some scenery objects no to show,so I could be back to square one...
pslinger
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by pslinger »

A while ago I recall coming across an article that provided specific instructions for converting a sound file to an aisound file for AI aircraft use in FSX. I have tried every type of search query to locate this article and unfortunately have been unsuccessful. Is anybody familiar with this article and either have a link to or copy of the article or could point me in the right direction? I would like to experiment with converting sounds files for AI aircraft use. Thanks in advance for any thoughts or ideas.

Paul