The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Eurofighter Typhoon

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
raclim
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Re: Eurofighter Typhoon

Post by raclim »

Hi John,

The HAS at Wittmundhafen and Neuburg are 100% still in use. The HAS at Rostock-Laage are not used. They are the old warsaw-pact model.

Norvenich I don't know, but from the looks of it they are not used as indeed the HAS-sites look like they are in a bad state.

Randy
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks for that Information Randy. That's enabled me to re-jig the parking to the right places.

Meanwhile, Ray has spent a week painting this Luftwaffe beauty:

Not far off now. With some help from Steve, I've managed to assemble all the waypoint .bgl files used in the flight plans across the project so that users won't need to go hunting for them if they don't have them already - there are 113 of them. While the sceneries are being finished, I'm just completing a few bits and pieces, like adding the embedded afterburners and smoke to the P3D models and standardising the traffic file name formats across the project before splitting them out into their component files. I'll then start the packaging up as far as I can, ready to drop in the scenery, or the links to it. I can then move on to the documentation.

John
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Post by DaleRFU »

That is a cracking scheme, great work. I think this will be a great addition to everyone's sim. Great effort to all involved.
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I've finished all the modelling now, and the afterburners\smoke are now embedded in the P3D models and tested. It's just the scenery now to finalise to enable the releases.

The one hole I don't have covered at the moment is scenery for the Saudi Typhoons. According to Scramble that's just one airfield - Taif/King Fahd Air Base (OETF). The Saudi paints and flight plans are all done, thanks to Ray.

The MAIW_RSAF_Eagles package for FS9 has a basic OETF AFCAD in it, but it has only default buildings. If anyone knows of any better scenery of that airfield for FS9, FSX and P3D please, that I can provide a link to in the Saudi Typhoons manual, that would be great. If not, I'll release the Saudi packages as aircraft and flight plans only.

John
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

what about the scenery thats in the Matrix is that no good ? it seemed fine in P3D.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I'm not a Matrix user Ray, so I don't know what that is. Is there an easy way for me or any other non-Matrix user to extract it?

John
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

It is Dale Ashcroft's scenery for Taif that is included in Matrix. Assuming the appropriate permission is granted it should be a simple matter for someone who has it to grab the files.

Lossie should be sorted by the end of the week, I'm just working through the minor niggles now.
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by DaleRFU »

Feel free to use my scenery, it's only a basic of the shelters and HAS site and would probably need bulking out with some MAIW library objects. John, if you want me to provide you with the models I can do that for you.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks Tom, impeccable timing. I have Ian's updated Coningsby too, so the RAF package should be amongst the first.

Thanks Dale, could you possibly send me your P3D version of Taif please? If it's OK with you, may I include it in the Saudi Typhoon download please? That will enable non-Matrix users to access it.

John
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Before moving on to the final part of the Typhoon project - documenting and packaging up, I must acknowledge and illustrate the work of people here who have contributed scenery, enhanced scenery or converted it for use in FSX and P3D. These efforts have provided homes to nearly all the Typhoons produced. There’s still a bit of work to do for a few airfields, but in the main, the sceneries complete many of the packages.

We have tried hard to make each airfield usable in FS9, FSX and P3D and that’s been possible in most cases.

The number of screen shots, which are also needed for the manuals, really illustrates the scale of the scenery design in the project. Here are the principal airfields:

ITALY – Grosseto (Giorgio and Tim)

Giorgio has gone one step further here by providing overlaid AFCADs that enable the QRA Typhoons to scramble together:

The scenery is for FS9, but it will also work in FSX and P3D. We do however need to find a way to change the trees in the latter two sims.

ITALY – Gio del Colle (Giorgio)

This scenery works in FS9, FSX and P3D

ITALY – Trapani (Giorgio)

ITALY – Pratica di Mare (Giorgio)

Austria – Zeltweg (Miljan)

GERMANY - Rostock-Laage (Gert)

This scenery works in FS9, FSX and P3D, with thanks to Pete for the conversions.

GERMANY - Wittmundhafen (Menno)

This scenery works in FS9, FSX and P3D, with thanks to Pete for the conversions.

GERMANY - Norvenich (Gert)

GERMANY - Neuburg (Menno)

SPAIN – Albacete (John Tenn)

This is a work in progress scenery for FS9, but it should be possible to make it compatible with FSX and P3D.

SPAIN – Moron AB (from a Flightsim.com upload by Tim Mayhew)

This scenery works in FS9 and FSX. It also works in P3D but without the shelters. The scenery is suggested as is and I have not sought permission to change it in any way.

SAUDI ARABIA – Taif (Dale)

This scenery works in FSX and P3D. There is a simple FS9 AFCAD for Taif in the MAIW_RSAF_Eagles package.

UK RAF Mount Pleasant Falkland Islands (Dale +1)

This scenery works in FSX and P3D. It is not generally available and an additional permission is being sought to include it in the Typhoon package.

UK RAF Lossimouth (MAIW/Dale. Scenery being enhanced by Tom with the new P8 hangar from Tim)

The scenery should work in FS9, FSX and P3D.

UK RAF Coningsby (Ian)

Ian’s night lighting in P3D 4 and 5 is just superb. I replaced the AI gate guardians for him with static flood-lit models:

The scenery is for P3D. Earlier versions for FS9 and FSX are available and work with the new Typhoons. We are exploring if it might be possible to produce FS9 and FSX models of the new 12 Sqn shelters on the main ASP to place in those sim versions.

I hope I have included everyone and I have all the attributions right, but please let me know if I've slipped up and I’ll amend as necessary. I can then ensure the manuals are correct.

Great job everyone and many thanks for your contributions.

John
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Thanks to everyone involved in this project, been a pleasure to be involved with it
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
merlin101
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by merlin101 »

WOW!! Looking fantastic, will the RAF Mount Pleasant scenery be for fs9 to?
Dave
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by DaleRFU »

A great effort by all involved, the amount of scenery to be included is really impressive on top of an already impressive looking aircraft.
hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by hawk_sh »

Wow, a big thank you to everyone involved!
Hartwig

TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Wow. Wath a big job from all these modellers. Thanks to all of you !!
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Thanks for a huge project and allowing me to contribute in a small way. If any other ADE's need converting to P3Dv4.4 (pushbacks, exclusions etc) just let me know.
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks Pete. I wonder if you could advise please? Tim is trying to convert the trees in the FS9 Giorgio\JS Grosetto for use in FSX and P3D. We can't remove the trees because they are part of a bigger placement of objects and we don't have the source file. Tim has tried substituting an FSX texture and that works to an extent but the texture doesn't line up properly. If we could do that with the original texture that might work, but we can't find it anywhere, including in the original JS zip.

The texture is called “fsx trees 9.bmp” (with the spaces). Does anyone happen to have a copy please?

John
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

I’m afraid I never got around to installing FSX. I jumped straight from FS9 to P3Dv4. Will have a look at my FS9 Grosetto & see if I can work something out.
Pete B
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Hi Pete. The original LIRS scenery was for FS9, but was probably made after FSX came out. JS used that texture in the FS9 scenery, so it's likely that he created it and distributed it in that or some other scenery package. I have loads of his sceneries, but I don't have that texture. I've failed to find it online as well, so this is a bit of a last gasp. If it doesn't work, I'll have a go at making a new texture that looks better on the trees in these groupings.
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

I had a few minutes this afternoon so I decided to convert/install the John Stinstrom scenery into my P3Dv4 and see what it was like. The only tree problem was the ones that are from the "ag_tree_lib_800M.bgl" so I have replaced those with default trees. I have moved all of the placement files into ADE and converted the "Grosseto Object Library.BGL" to P3Dv4.4 and overall it looks fairly decent. I have not as yet added any floodlighting or re-plumbed the ADE with pushback stoppers or any other stuff. John if you want to have a look over it I can pass you over a copy and if you are happy and we have the required permissions then I will continue.

Regards
Pete B