The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Eurofighter Typhoon

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: Eurofighter Typhoon

Post by f4nutter »

with such a large project there was always going to be a few hic ups.
here's the missing aircraft added to the flight plans, i just added all ready used flights.
thanks Jim.
Attachments
Traffic_MIL_Germany_JYAI_Typhoons_TLG74_Neuburg_FSX.bgl
(27.49 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Traffic_MIL_Germany_JYAI_Typhoons_TLG71_Wittmundhafen_FSX.bgl
(28.54 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

The ICAO X3UL is the current designation for Sculthorpe, which used to be EGUP back in my day.

Now Sculthorpe is used in the Chinooks pack under the guise of UKSC. So you could either amend the plans to use UKSC or you could amend the afcad for UKSC to X3UL. This of course would mean altering the Chinook plans as well.

An untidy way would be to copy the UKSC afcad and to alter that to X3UL but at least you wouldn't have to change any plans.
Steve
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Firebird wrote:The ICAO X3UL is the current designation for Sculthorpe, which used to be EGUP back in my day.

Now Sculthorpe is used in the Chinooks pack under the guise of UKSC. So you could either amend the plans to use UKSC or you could amend the afcad for UKSC to X3UL. This of course would mean altering the Chinook plans as well.

An untidy way would be to copy the UKSC afcad and to alter that to X3UL but at least you wouldn't have to change any plans.
Cheers for that, now to try and make a decision

Jim

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

shaggy22 wrote: 24 Sep 2020, 13:04
jimrodger wrote: 24 Sep 2020, 12:50 The following ICAOs are used in the German and RAF FPs.
I can't find them on my system, can anyone help me out please?

EER1, EER2, ETC1, EYC1, EYC2, EYC3

X3UL

Jim

Just discovered...

In the German pack several airframes are not used, is this intended or have I got it wrong again :oops:

They are

TLG 71: 30+06, 30+25, 30+28, 30+58, 30+86, 31+06, 31+08
TLG74: 30+72
They are Baltic waypoints I think so try some of the Baltic packages mate

I have checked and they aren't in any pack I have seen and they are not on my system.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I've found them. They were waypoints created by Tim when he made the German flight plans. He did send them to me but I think I forgot to include them in the German Typhoon Zips. I'll confirm that this evening and post the waypoints.

John

Update: Guilty as charged, I had left them out of the German zips. Apologies, these are the files. They can be added to the MAIW waypoints folder that is in the zips, or set up as a separate scenery area:
Attachments
GAF_CAP_Waypoints_FSX_P3D.zip
(2.1 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
GAF_CAP_Waypoints_FS9.zip
(2.08 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Thanks John,

Thought I was losing the plot for a wee while there....

jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

olafeddm wrote: 24 Sep 2020, 09:01 Just a small hint for the flightplans of the German Eurofghters: the Airbase Jever (ETNJ) ist closed since September 2013. Apart from this you have done a great work, thank you very much!

Olaf
Hi Olaf. From my research I understood that Jever, though no longer an active flying base, was still available for visiting aircraft. There are a couple of others for which I believed that to be true. If that is not the case, we’re running out of places in Germany to send the aircraft!

When writing the plans, I’m aware that people have sceneries for many places that are now closed. For those that have been closed a long time, when I’ve used them I’ve tried to make the schedules so that aircraft will only go-around and not land. As an RAF pilot, it was not unusual for us to do practice approaches on disused (but still military-owned) airfields.

Anyway, if people would rather have it that the Typhoons don’t visit these fields, I’ll happily edit the plans.

Tim
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

A further note about the GAF plans. Essentially they are an update and translation of the plans developed for the NBAI-generation Typhoons, edited to use John’s aircraft and with obvious errors in the modern context resolved (mostly...!). There are some additional lines to accommodate some new traffic flows, and the changes in Typhoon deployments and unit roles over the years.

There may well be a couple of aircraft in the whole package that aren’t used. That may be because the original flight plan package was a little sparse in places, or because of changes in the package since I wrote the plans.

I’m still busy with developing ItAF airfields* for that part of the package (FSX/P3D as Giorgio/JS have FS9 covered). Once that’s substantially complete, I’ll revisit the GAF flightplans and pick up any loose threads that have been identified.

Tim

*Edit: I’ve noticed that FSX/P3D are not well-served for modern ItAF airfields of decent quality. Those that exist often go back to FS2000 days or earlier, and look horrible in the modern sims. I may end up disappearing down a rabbit hole here, but I’m putting together a number of airfields (using essentially only MAIW scenery assets) to better represent the modern picture.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

A small thing that I noticed with the Waypoints that John added above.

For some reason I was checking something in AFX and found that two of the afcads didn't appear. Further checking revealed the cause. EYC2 actually had the Airport ID of EYS1 allocated to it and EYC3 actually had EYS2 allocated to it.

This might have consequences in future use of these afcads in new flight plans. So I have amended the two afcads to avoid future issues and to allow people to find them easily in afcad programs.

These are attached here
Attachments
Revised Waypoints.zip
(1.18 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Steve
paul day
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by paul day »

Hi Steve
Just a quick one, are the revised waypoints for both FS9 and FSX?

Paul Day.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

They can be used for both as they hold no features other than a more or less invisible runway.

When I load an FSX afcad into AFX and there are components that are not FS9 compatible it tells you that they will be ignored.
If you are in any doubt you can always load it into a util and save it to an FSX format.
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Thanks Steve. Was that finger trouble on my part?
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

For P3Dv4 users I have amended the Taif ADE file to add pushback stoppers to the file by Dale Ashcroft. To use these files remove the following files from the Taif Scenery folder:
"OETF_ADEX_DA.bgl"
"OETF_ADEX_DA_OBJ.bgl"

and replace with the files below. Thanks to Dale for allowing me to publish these files, the Copyright remains with him.
Attachments
OETF_ADEP4_DA_MOD_OBJ.bgl
(2.58 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
OETF_ADEP4_DA_MOD.bgl
(130.42 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

TimC340 wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 09:15 Thanks Steve. Was that finger trouble on my part?

I don't think it was finger trouble, Tim. It may just have been overlooked as you had a lot on for these packages.

The trouble is I am never really sure how much everybody knows about the nuts and bolts that operate behind the scenes.
For anybody out there interested. The name of the afcad file is not what counts. What counts is the Airport ID in the properties of the file. The game and utils like AIFP read the file to get the Airport ID not the file name.

For example the 'EYC2_ADE9_TJC.bgl' could be called 'Schnip-schnop.bgl' and the game and utils will still find this as EYS1, as this is what the Airport Id is set to.
What I found was that went I went to load EYC2 into AFX it could not find it. So you see the problem. EYC2 is named in the airports.txt file so it will compile OK. What I think will happen is that the aircraft will take off and head for the pos but when it gets within the area it will search for EYC2 and fail to find it. This is when you get problems.

The side issue that you will get with AIFP is that when you build your Addon airports file it will not find EYC2, it will find 2x EYS1.

In another post I mentioned the possibility of altering the UKSC afcad from the Chinooks package. What you have to do is load UKSC into AFX or ADE then alter the Airport ID to X3UL and then save it. Once you have done that you are clear to rename the file to match the new ID.

I hope that this helps some people to understand this area.
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Yes, I must have changed the name at some point without altering it in RDV. But I'm now determined to produce Schnip-schnop!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

LOL. You will like it. One of those jungle runways we built in Malaya. :lol:
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Something interesting I discovered after a trip to the MAIW Facebook page - a repainted RAF 9 Sqn black "Aggressor" Typhoon. Painted at Coningsby and now at Kinloss:

https://www.blogbeforeflight.net/2020/0 ... phoon.html

I'll paint that, but I'll hold on just for a week or two to see if any more emerge - I would have thought that likely, but maybe XJ914 will undertake some trials first. I can also sweep up the amendments posted here since the uploads, into a Typhoon update.

John
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

John Young wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 17:39 Something interesting I discovered after a trip to the MAIW Facebook page - a repainted RAF 9 Sqn black "Aggressor" Typhoon. Painted at Coningsby and now at Kinloss:

https://www.blogbeforeflight.net/2020/0 ... phoon.html

I'll paint that, but I'll hold on just for a week or two to see if any more emerge - I would have thought that likely, but maybe XJ914 will undertake some trials first. I can also sweep up the amendments posted here since the uploads, into a Typhoon update.

John
John
I posted a picture of this on the 10th September :)you must have missed it :)

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I certainly did Gary, your post was totally blank at my end:

Now I know what "Black is the new grey" meant.

John
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I have started to install the Coningsby Typhoons and I noticed that in the 41sq plans planes go from EGXC direct to Nellis Air Force Base. Is that right? Shouldn't there be a stopover or two somewhere along the way?