The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Agusta A109's

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Agusta A109's

Post by John Young »

Thanks to Pete for spotting a problem in the two EBBE AFCADs for P3D only.

The real world elevation of EBBE is 370ft and that is correct in FS9, However the FSX and P3D default is 341ft for some reason, but in FSX, the 370ft AFCADs still work. In P3D, however, you will find deep canyons when you visit EBBE.

I did correct that by changing the AFCAD elevations for P3D, but I'm not sure why the files didn't find their way into the upload. However, they are amended in the attached zip.

270 people have downloaded the FSX/P3D version of the A109 package, but no one, apart from Pete, has reported such an obvious problem. I wonder how big the P3D following really is?

John
Attachments
JYAI_EBBE_amended_AFCADs_P3D.zip
(24.19 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: P3D

Post by tango234 »

I did run into that when I was installing the package yesterday, but thought it was orbx related or something (which, with my setup, usually is the culprit) rather than anything with this specific package, so did the fix myself without thinking about it very hard.

In terms of very minor issues a few minutes ago I did note a helicopter on the EBB1 AFD taxing merrily through a barrier and a vehicle on its way to take off, haven't yet had the time to open the files up and work out exactly where the offending scenery objects are though. Will let you know once I've managed to do that.

All in all though, the A109s look great, as always!
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

I just had not had a chance to get to EBBE, but I generally install and immediately load up P3Dv4 (well, it takes a few minutes with all my AI) to test my setup. I also run ORBX and have to figure out what changed with a new version as it resets all my scenery.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

I also spotted this John, but thought it might be an add on or third party scenery, so fixed it myself.
I don't like spotting or picking out errors in someone's hard work, it sounds ungrateful.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

It is a simple fix, but I just find it annoying that, having spotted the problem myself and fixed it before the upload, I left the files out of the zip. I'm finding it more and more of a challenge to create and keep track of all the components across the 3 sim versions. Maybe I should stick to aircraft only and let users set them up themselves. The Aerospatial Gazelle packages, for example, could get very complex with the potential number of sceneries involved.

John
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Post by gavinc »

John Young wrote: 27 Dec 2020, 16:01 Thanks to Pete for spotting a problem in the two EBBE AFCADs for P3D only.

The real world elevation of EBBE is 370ft and that is correct in FS9, However the FSX and P3D default is 341ft for some reason, but in FSX, the 370ft AFCADs still work. In P3D, however, you will find deep canyons when you visit EBBE.

I did correct that by changing the AFCAD elevations for P3D, but I'm not sure why the files didn't find their way into the upload. However, they are amended in the attached zip.

270 people have downloaded the FSX/P3D version of the A109 package, but no one, apart from Pete, has reported such an obvious problem. I wonder how big the P3D following really is?

John
I downloaded the package and installed the New Zealand models and scenery immediately. They look great btw.

Don't personally fly in Belgium so that is my excuse

Gavin
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

I am processing a monster load of conversions currently. Therefore I just checked out the aircraft on my airport and not installed the scenery.

Be assured that this will follow.
Cheers,
Martin
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

EBBE is checked and got to watch another outstanding JY helo model do it's thing in P3D. I did notice they were landing opposite to the fixed-wing traffic with ActiveSky on and winds favoring 22s. Busy area with BAF F-16s, C-130s and now A400s next to some busy major civ airports.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by TheFoufure »

Victory103 wrote: 29 Dec 2020, 21:30 EBBE is checked and got to watch another outstanding JY helo model do it's thing in P3D. I did notice they were landing opposite to the fixed-wing traffic with ActiveSky on and winds favoring 22s. Busy area with BAF F-16s, C-130s and now A400s next to some busy major civ airports.
F-16s use EBBL and EBFS. Sometimes they go to EBFN for TnG

C-130 (only 5 in service) and A400M are based at EBMB (Mil part of EBBR)

EBBE is use by SF-260, A109BA and NH-90TTH. A109 often go to EBTX and EBSU.
lucas frusciante
Cadet
Cadet

Post by lucas frusciante »

incredible model, would joao have a preview of the paintkit update? I already want to make some text for this A109, congratulations on the work
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

As I explained a few posts back, I wasn't proposing to provide a universal paint kit because of the variety of examples in existence and because of the mapping directions on the camo models. I may though provide a bespoke kit for the painters here on request, but it needs to justify the work.

What model are you intending to paint please and is that for FS9, FSX and P3D. How many examples of that paint are there and will you be making helicopter AFCAD overlays and traffic files so the paints can be used?

John
lucas frusciante
Cadet
Cadet

I wanted to make textures of Brazilian helicopters that fly here executive, here there is no military aw109 but it has the biggest traffic of aw109 in the world in sao paulo, it would be for FSX and the model would be .new Zealand
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The New Zealand model has a winch, radome, sand filters, pilots with helmets and military-style aerials. It's far from an executive model. It's also mapped in 3 directions that might present problems with complex painting.

You didn't answer my other two questions - will you be making helicopter overlays (sounds like you will need a lot of those) and traffic files? Will this be for personal use or will you upload the package?

John
lucas frusciante
Cadet
Cadet

as I told you ... here in Brazil it does not have aw109 military use, only the executive who is the biggest user of this model, I do traffic tinctures in general, it would be the use for me, I do not believe that anyone here on the forum would want textures be military, will be for personal use (I can show you my textures when ready if you want, I did aw139, quite a lot.)
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Sorry, but I have to decline this one. Using a distinctly military model for executive use would have little wider appeal as you say. You still haven't answered my question about helicopter overlays.

John
mage
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by mage »

lucas frusciante wrote: 08 Jan 2021, 18:35 ...here in Brazil it does not have aw109 military use, only the executive who is the biggest user of this model, I do traffic tinctures... will be for personal use...
There is the possible option of using an alpha channel in the textures to hide external equipment such as aerials, winches, steps and make the model look more civilianized. There are "civilian grade" A109s operating for defense agencies and emergency services, but very few worldwide.

This started life as G-ZIOO but changed to GZ100, RAF civilian model.
https://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo ... -grandnew/

If you choose to try out the alpha channel masking it'll be trial and error unless a paintkit comes available at some point, when the mapping will become more obvious. Since fuselages would be mapped more for wrap-around colors (such as camo) it would be a bit more complex if you needed to match up livery elements such as under-and-over lines. Not impossible though.

If you picked out a closed-door model with as few military extras as possible (less to mask out using an alpha channel with black patches on it) that might be a reasonable place to start.

The texture for the AW109 models is very different according to which variation you choose. New Zealand's texture has significant differences from the Swedish. Also, if you darken the windows somewhat you might find it easier to overlook the military-style crew and cabin interior.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Very nice. Just need to wait for some photos in daylight so we can assess the correct colour tones.

John
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Nice, liking the "splinter" style.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris