The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

JYAI C-130T's - United States Navy version2

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

JYAI C-130T's - United States Navy version2

Post by John Young »

What I thought would be a quick infill project while I was awaiting the final bit of the KC-10A packages, was actually a tad more involved. It started as a simple request by Steve (swp53) to modify my C-130H model to reflect a US Navy C-130T that routes through his local airport quite regularly. I was really happy to do that, and as it turned out, a little bit more, as thanks for the great work that Steve has done with the flight planning in the KC-10A packages.

It actually involved creating two additional C-130 models, modified flight plans and also a lot of repainting. The work updates the “Repaint Lockheed Martin C-130T - United States Navy (JYAI)” package from Brent Newman and myself, that was uploaded in August 2019. 27 aircraft, and corresponding flight plans are now included from the same US Navy VR-53, VR-54, VR-55, VR-62 and VR-64 squadrons.

Even though the previous package is only 2 years old, 3 significant changes have occurred, that have been included in the new package:

- The C-130T aircraft, that were represented by JYAI “H” models, have since been fitted with NP2000 8-bladed propellors. This is the new model:

- 2 KC-130T tankers have been transferred from VMGR-452 (US Marine Corps) to VR-64. It is expected that these aircraft will have the in-flight refuelling facilities removed and be repainted in the US Navy colour scheme. It is not known if these aircraft will also be given 8 bladed propellors:

- One C-130T-30 aircraft (the stretched variant), represented by my CC-130H-30 model, is now operated by each of VR-53 and VR-55:

The two new models add to the collection already available. Re-painters now have the further choice of a C-130T with 8 bladed props and a KC-130T with 4 bladed props.

The package, which is a jointly for FS9 and FSX/P3D, has been sent for inclusion in the Download Hangar, along with a paint kit for the two new models. As always please allow time for the files to be processed and made available.

John
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: JYAI C-130T's - United States Navy version2

Post by f4nutter »

smashing thank you very much John, and Steve for suggesting it :D
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Cool! I like it!
msm8378
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by msm8378 »

Another great addition based on the skills and dedication of a true legend...Thanks for all you do John!!
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

I like your infill projects :)

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Outstanding work as always and more Hercs to add in. Just looking over the models as I fly through Reno NV real world seeing the NV ANG with the shiny new props on their H models and contemplating moving the paints over to the inaccurate shorty J models in sim (6 blade vs. 8 blade). Both NV and WY units have most props converted. I just need to figure out painting the remaining USMC squadron and as mentioned above give -452 new KC-130Js.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I'll let you figure those ones out Chris, but let me know if you are stuck for a particular configuration.

John
Jobza Guddun
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Jobza Guddun »

Thanks John!
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Do textures from the the older JYAI C-130's work with these new models? I have paints for VX-20 and some of them would be better represented using these new models.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I think you are probably OK. The prop blades might be the only doubt, but just try it and see how it goes.

John
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

John Young wrote: 14 Oct 2021, 09:23 I think you are probably OK. The prop blades might be the only doubt, but just try it and see how it goes.

John

Ok thanks. I will try them.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

John Young wrote: 14 Oct 2021, 09:23 I think you are probably OK. The prop blades might be the only doubt, but just try it and see how it goes.

John
I tried using the new models with the old paints, I installed three of them. Two of them work real good (they use the new KC-130T model) but the third one I haven't seen in the sim so I don't know if it works or not (The one I haven't seen uses the 8 blade prop model).

I haven't seen the one plane in the sim because I use P3D v5.2 and I don't have any scenery or a AFCAD for KNHK. (I had to go to other airports to see the or two C-130's that work fine).
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Just wanted to let you know that I saw the plane I installed with the new 8 blade props and they work and look just fine. So if you want to install the older JYAI C-130 textures on these new models go ahead they work just fine.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Hi John. Just having a play with KNIP and I noticed that C-130T 164762 (VR-62) has no texture. Any chance of getting hold of that one?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Tim, I just checked my installation and found that 164762 had texture, FS9, but that it was now coded JW rather than CW as it had moved from VR-54 to VR-62 in the update pack.

Does this help narrow down why you are getting no texture?

*EDIT*
Never mind I have just seen the cause and unless you convert the FS9 texture to an FSX texture then my suggestion is superfluous.
Steve
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

After my faux pas of not understanding the situation I converted it into a DXT5 DDS for you.

However, it is too large to attach or pm so if you pm me your email address then I can send it to you.
That should see you through until a proper resolution is found.
Steve
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Have just checked both versions of those downloads (Std & 8Blade) and both have the correct paint files.
Filenames are:
JYAI C-130T VR-XX.zip
JYAI C-130T VR-XX_version2.zip
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

I downloaded the 8-blade (V2) file earlier today to check that I hadn't accidentally deleted the texture on my system; I hadn't - the folder for '762 is there, but it contains only the prop texture.

Steve, I'll PM you - thanks!
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Hmm, some how I missed that one as well. I normally run AIAE after downloading/installing a package. Thanks for finding that.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK as there was a little bit of confusion I decided to double check.

I can confirm that the scheme for 164762 is missing in the P3D folder from the archive.

I have emailed John to see if 'the one I made earlier' is of good enough quality to be placed into the archive for all.
Steve