JYAI Gloster Meteors

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: JYAI Gloster Meteors

Post by John Young »

Thanks Menno. Could I ask Tim to make contact please if he would like to pursue the airfield. If not, I'll gladly accept the files.

I think I might split this project into small chucks and release in a number of packages as and when they are ready.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

A not unreasonable thought, John.

This way you can keep it as a side project to do little bits here and there when you need distracting.
Steve

Champions of Europe
TimC340
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Post by TimC340 »

John Young wrote: 11 Oct 2021, 14:59 Tim, by all means see if you can create a retro ETNA from what you have, thanks. That would certainly ease the scenery load on me. The current Google Earth image is interesting. The whole airfield is covered in solar panels, but the HAS's remain.

John
OK, I'm on it John. The airfield was actually quite different in the early '50s, with a runway length of 6000ft and the new pan on the southwest side divided in two between the 96 and 256 Sqn lines. There isn't a lot of info available about it that I've found so far, but I'll do my best to make something in keeping. I'll do it initially for FSX, which should be easily convertible for FS9 and P3D.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Hello John,

Do you think it's possible to also have a F.4 version (tail section of NF.11 and front fuselage of F.8) ?

Thanks a lot.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Why do you want this model Laurent and what year are we talking about? It's a lot of work if you take into consideration paints and scenery. I think I'd rather add in the later target tugs.

John
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

John Young wrote: 14 Oct 2021, 06:30 Why do you want this model Laurent and what year are we talking about? It's a lot of work if you take into consideration paints and scenery. I think I'd rather add in the later target tugs.

John
The F.4 was built at more than 750 exemples.

With all your other models (F.8, NF-11 and T.7) the only one missing for my Belgian skies is the F.4.

I've all sceneries (For FS9) for Belgian scenery of this period.
I''ve buy a photoshop licence and i'm actually learning to paint aircraft.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I'll see how it goes after I've completed what I do have planned. Hats off to you for learning Photoshop. That will help.

John