General MAIW Conversion Package issues

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Conversion Packages for FSX and P3D in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Re: General MAIW Conversion Package issues

Post by Greg » 28 Oct 2019, 22:12

I'm not seeing anything out of place at KNHK other than the known coastline issues that are mentioned in the Matrix NA readme, but I also now just realised that I'm still running the old FTX Central and not their new ORBX Central (their attempt to simplify things by ditching the FTX brand only made it more complicated in my opinion). In any case the multiple files for KNHK shouldn't cause any issues. There's only one AFD for KNHK itself. The other ones are "overlay" helicopter and STOL AFD's and as far as P3D is concerned, separate airfields.

jabloomf1230
Cadet
Cadet

Post by jabloomf1230 » 29 Oct 2019, 03:42

Thanks Greg. It's not the shoreline issue. It's that runways and aprons are displaced. My theory on this is that HF2 can't handle more than one active add-on version. The only odd thing that I noticed about the MAIW KNHK is that it still has the FS9 airport coordinates. I never thought that affected anything except the location of the airport symbol on maps and GPS units. But maybe HF2 uses those coordinates for something.

Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg » 29 Oct 2019, 07:35

Well I'm running HF2 and not seeing what you describe at KNHK, even with ORBX Central now installed, but I still haven't done the new "migration to libraries" thing in Central.

My guess is that having ORBX stuff as addon packages, together with a change in HF2 I'm unaware of, screws up the whole scenery layer "sandwich". I'll need some more time to look into this.

On a side note: I'm going to split off this topic from the thread and move it to Matrix support