The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

MAIW Flightplans Package Support

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Conversion Packages for FSX and P3D in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

MAIW Flightplans Package Support

Post by petebramley »

The txt files in the MAIW Flightplans V.1.0.ZIP have no line spacing in any of the 3 components when opened with Notepad. Everything is all run together in one long line !!

Is there an easy way to edit them so they appear as they do when you de-compile in ttools/AIFP ?

Rgds
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
pslinger
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Re: Changes to conversion packages

Post by pslinger »

Hi Pete,
I opened .bgl file with AIFP then did a save as and generated three notepad files; aircraft, airports, and flight plans and everything looks OK. I didn't use the text files folder that came in the .zip file. Hope this helps.

Paul
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

petebramley wrote: 03 Apr 2018, 21:36 The txt files in the MAIW Flightplans V.1.0.ZIP have no line spacing in any of the 3 components when opened with Notepad. Everything is all run together in one long line !!

Is there an easy way to edit them so they appear as they do when you de-compile in ttools/AIFP ?

Rgds
That is very weird.
I checked my source files and they are OK. I checked the uploads and they are OK. I downloaded the package and checked the files and as you say the EOL codes seem to have been removed. What is even weirder is that the Flightplan files seem to be fine.

Maybe Greg has an idea as to how they got converted. I checked all in notepad and not my usual editor.

They are easy enough to mod but a pain to do if it is a big unit ot the airports file is large. We shall investigate to see if we can narrow the cause down.

However, the source files were compiled into the traffic files using AIFP so using AIFP to create the txt files will work, as Paul stated.
Steve
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

That's weird. It could be an encoding issue during file transfer when I downloaded Steve's files from our server...

There are line breaks, just not the kind that's recognised by Notepad. But if you use a better text editor, like Notepad++, you'll see the new lines. Even WordPad which is also supplied with Windows would probably do a better job.

If I can't find the cause, I'll see if I can write a quick console app to add line breaks for the Notepad diehards.
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Its not a major problem and there is no hurry for a solution. I just like to have the original txt files available as if you keep chopping & changing in ttools/AIFP eventually the plans timings get a but messed up.

Rgds
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Found the problem.

The txt files were not zipped and I downloaded them from our server in binary mode, which destroyed the ASCII format.

A new version of the package is going up soon. This won't change anything to the traffic or the working of the package. It's just for the Notepad users who like line breaks. ;)
Foxbat
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Foxbat »

I cannot get the four F-16 FP's for Luke AFB to work. Not using the bgl's directly, nor by compiling the text files with AIFP. All planes are black in the aircraft list, and looks fine in AIAE. I see only my new F-35's at Luke. If I revert to the previous, massive "all in one" F-16 flightplan, I see near 100 or so F-16's there.
Andrew
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well if the planes are black in your AIFP listing then it means that there is no error with the titles.

If they appear OK in AIAE then it means that there is no mdl or texture issue.

This leads me to believe that the problem is the air file. There is a new one in the latest release but I would check one random aircraft and check its 'sim=' parm. Does that air file exist in your aircraft folder?
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

AIAE tells you if you don't have the air file, Steve.

From mobile hence short

Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yes it tells you, but my point being that the viewer works with or without an air file there so you may think there is not a problem.
If there was a mdl or a texture problem you would see it in the viewer.

However, I shall change my response to does AIAE show any air file errors? Don't bother with that old fashioned look at the source stuff! :lol:
Steve
Foxbat
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Foxbat »

Sorry guys, my bad.

Again I opened the FSX bgl files in AIFP, and saw I had not set the Activity Levels to my settings. I then saved the file sets. Checked that the aircraft lists were fine, airport lists fine in Notepad. Also Flightplans were in sequence.

Then I recompiled the four Luke AFB F-16 plans, plus the Alaska (Eileson) F-16's and "KC-135's" (which I replaced with the JYAI KC-46). Checked in the sim, and all good. I use P3D4 only btw.
Andrew
jason99vmi
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: MAIW Flightplans Package Support

Post by jason99vmi »

So dumb question. In the transport package it says old MAIW flightplans work with these aircraft. I did have a few of the older flightplans in P3D but pulled them out when i saw this complete Flightplan Package. So are the older flightplans sort of covered under this package or do they work together?

I ask because i fired up Dover AFB, March AFB etc and saw zero transport aircraft. Charleston had 1 C-17. Just curious if we still need to use some of the older flightplans or stick with this package? It could possibly be something on my side (AFCADs etc).

Thanks for top notch conversion packages!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK. This is what we are doing with flight plans.
This was all covered in an announcement but again in brief.

Due to circumstances that we discovered we are changing all our old flight plans into a new system. The new system is unit based rather than package based. It will be easier to replace flight plans in the future.

At the moment, the v1.0 package was altered to cover all the package that we released that had F-16s in them. Not just the F-16s but everything in a package that had F-16s. This was because the F-16 conversion package included a complete set of plans for F-16s and that is where we found the issue.

All the packages will be done. By me, but at the moment I have a higher priority task, which is proving to be taking a lot longer than I thought it would. Once that is done everything else will be converted and released.

The decision was taken to release converted model packages w/o flight plans rather than wait until the flight plans conversions are done.

So in a nutshell you have to use the original plans for every package that did not have an F-16 in it. When the new package is ready it will be released and you can replace everything.
Steve
jason99vmi
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jason99vmi »

Sorry Firebird. Read the announcement but didn't get that takeaway after reading it. My bad. Thanks for the concise and easily understandable answer.

Seriously great work on these packages!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

No problem.
Steve