The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

MAIW HTAI C-130 Family Conversion Support

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Conversion Packages for FSX and P3D in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
lancer27
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

MAIW HTAI C-130 Family Conversion Support

Post by lancer27 »

Hi, I just downloaded the converted C-130 package and ran into a problem. When trying to un-zip the package I got an error to the effect that the file name was to long for the destination folder and that I should change the files name or have a shorter path? I am not very computer literate so I am at a loss as to what I should do. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated as I think these new models look awesome ! Thank you...
Richard
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: C-130 problem

Post by Greg »

You're not the only one with this issue Richard. The Windows API, used to unzip files a.o., has a limit on how long file paths may be. It's 260 characters, of which 259 are visible to you.

The paths in the package are quite long due the way Martin, who's putting these packs together for us, has everything organised.

In short, you need to make sure that the full path of the location you unzip to remains under 260 characters. The way I do that is to make a temporary folder on one of my hard drives, called Temp, but you may as well just call it T to save another 3 chars. :wink: When I unzip the C-130 package to that folder, all paths remain under the limit. The longest path for example is then "E:\Temp\MAIW HTAI Lockheed C-130 Hercules Family - FSX Pack-1 V.1.1\SimObjects\MAIW HTAI Lockheed C-130J-30 (FSX)\model.no_wing_tanks FSX\ai lockheed c-130j-30 no_wing_tanks fsx.mdl" which is only 181 chars.

When unzipped, simply move the files to your sim.
dummy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Re: MAIW HTAI C-130 Family Conversion Support Thread

Post by dummy »

Hi there,

I've downloaded and installed the C-130 package but are there any fsx flightplans available for the Herc's?
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Not yet. We're working on an update for our flightplan conversion package.
dummy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by dummy »

Okay, thanks Greg.
I will wait for it. Thanks for bringing the beautifull MAIW ai to FSX!!
Manschy
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Re: MAIW HTAI C-130 Family Conversion Support

Post by Manschy »

Hi all,

after installing some RAF repaints yesterday to use the great C-130 at Brize Norton, I got success and everything went fine. Therefore, I had to convert all former 16bit textures to 24bit/DDS format. Each texture appear and the aircraft look like they should. P3Dv4 ran fine.
But today, P3Dv4 crashed all time when I tried to load a flight. Only when I disabled the C-130 traffic flie, everything is fine. That's strange, because I didn't change anything meanwhile...Each hint is welcome.
Regards, Manfred.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

The first thing I would do is check that all the textures are all the same standard.

You say that you tried to load a flight and it was crashing each time, was the time/day exactly the same as when it worked OK the previous day?

What it could be is that there is a rogue texture that wasn't there the day before but is now. So try to vary the day but keep the time the same to see if there are any days that are fine.
Steve
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Thank you, Steve.
No, unfortunately the issue appears also while each loading - no matter if it is a saved flight or, like tested today, a new generated one. So I will check all textures for careless mistakes next days.
Regards, Manfred.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Quick check on versions since the conversion, understand unlike the F-16, not many revisions prior to these going out and did they go out with new packages? Just installed KDMA into P3Dv4, my C130H/J models have missing landing gear, and the J have the #4 prop turning.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
willinil
Cadet
Cadet

Post by willinil »

I am trying to locate model CC-130J-30_closed, but unable to fine same - can anyone put me in the right direction please?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

The CC-130J-30_closed model was included in the Canadian C-130s pack but in the FSX version they were named C-130J-30_closed and open.
It seems likely that this was an admin error when the package was built.

If this is the case, and as they are definitely the only models for the RCAF, I would think that manually renaming them seems the logical thing to do.
I feel sure that other Herk packages include the open and closed versions of the C-130J-30 so in the best case the renames solve your issue and the worst case is that you will have two identical models with different names, twice.
Steve