The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

MAIW SBAI MiG-29 Fulcrum Conversion Support

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Conversion Packages for FSX and P3D in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

MAIW SBAI MiG-29 Fulcrum Conversion Support

Post by Greg »

Post support related comments for the MAIW SBAI MiG-29 Fulcrum conversion in this thread.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: MAIW SBAI MiG-29 Fulcrum Conversion Support

Post by Joseph29 »

In the texture folder there are files named AB_AI_LM and ABAI_T. Are those supposed to go in the main texture folder? Or in the effects/texture sub-folder?

Edit: forgot to mention I use P3D.
hschuit
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by hschuit »

Joseph29: These texture files are packaged in the "texture" folder for a reason, please read the instructions in the MAIW SBAI MiG-29 Fulcrum FSX V.1.0.pdf document - page 5:

4. Move the contents of the “Texture” folder to your sim’s main Texture folder or the specific folder you have created for your AI (see above). Overwrite older files but do not overwrite newer files.

Henk.
Wojtek
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by Wojtek »

Hi Henk,
I have a problem with fps with a new MAIW SBAI MiG-29 Fulcrum Conversion package. On the approach to EPMM and EPMB I have about 3 FPS!
At the airport are only 3 - 6 MiG29 parked.It does not depend on the scenery - I tried to dump them and it did not help.
I had to go back to the old fs9 package - I have 25 fps there, it's normal for me.
Can you remedy something?
Greetings from Krakow,
wojtek bobrowski

FSX SP2 DX10
paul day
Captain
Captain

Post by paul day »

Just a quick question. Is it possible to use the new FSX models with FS9 textures? There are a lot of packages around with textures in BMP format. Also there were two versions of the aircraft models V1 and V2.

Regards Paul Day.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

hschuit wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 07:42 Joseph29: These texture files are packaged in the "texture" folder for a reason, please read the instructions in the MAIW SBAI MiG-29 Fulcrum FSX V.1.0.pdf document - page 5:

4. Move the contents of the “Texture” folder to your sim’s main Texture folder or the specific folder you have created for your AI (see above). Overwrite older files but do not overwrite newer files.

Henk.
Ok thanks. I asked because I already had those 2 textures and they were in the effects/texture folder (I guess from another plane). I wasn't sure which way was correct.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

paul day wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 11:33 Just a quick question. Is it possible to use the new FSX models with FS9 textures? There are a lot of packages around with textures in BMP format. Also there were two versions of the aircraft models V1 and V2.
Yes you can use the bmp version of AI_sib_MiG29V2_UB_t. The ones in the package were converted to dds but nothing was added. Don't forget to remove the FS9 textures that are no longer needed (check the conversion notes).

It's up to the repainter to update his repaints to be compatible with v2. Also, Sergey is no longer distributing his v1 models. It would make no sense to convert them.
paul day
Captain
Captain

Post by paul day »

Hi Joseph
I don't think you understand the question. I have happily installed the new FSX MiG-29 and everything is working fine. My question is can I use the new FSX models with previous FS9 textures from previous packages.

Regards Paul Day.
paul day
Captain
Captain

Post by paul day »

Hi Greg.
Thanks for your answer. That makes things a lot clearer.

Regards Paul Day.
hschuit
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by hschuit »

Wojtek: I tested the conversion in FSX-Steam Edition and P3Dv4.3, no problems there with performance. Are you really still using FSX SP2? I guess that the FSX/P3D animation/visibility tags I used are not compatible with the older FSX SP2 version.

Sorry I cannot be of more help, Henk.
Wojtek
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Wojtek »

hschuit wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 13:27 Wojtek: I tested the conversion in FSX-Steam Edition and P3Dv4.3, no problems there with performance. Are you really still using FSX SP2?
Yes, I have FSX SP2, without Acceleration, I'm old (57) and I do not want to change :))
Strange because other Conversion packages work without a problem - I have Polish and American F-16, German and British Phantoms, Hercules, A400 and Eurofighters - everything works fine.
regards,
wojtek
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

Thank you for the conversion, Henk & team. I had a brief dabble at converting the MiG-29 myself, for use at INS Hansa/Goa, but forgot about to set visibility triggers for the brake parachute with amusing results :lol:
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Does anybody have plans for the Ukraine Mig-29's ??
The ones I have are for the Mike Pearson (fs9) paints
Tia
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

petebramley wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 16:20 Does anybody have plans for the Ukraine Mig-29's ??
The ones I have are for the Mike Pearson (fs9) paints
Tia
Here in the library there are plans for them (plus other Ukraine military stuff). The authors name is Maxim Galkov. The title of the package is "Flightplan Ukrainian AF, Navy, Army, National & Border Guard - Various AI Traffic 2016"
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

[/quote]

Here in the library there are plans for them (plus other Ukraine military stuff). The authors name is Maxim Galkov. The title of the package is "Flightplan Ukrainian AF, Navy, Army, National & Border Guard - Various AI Traffic 2016"
[/quote]

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. The file I wanted was indeed in the download section but its the one by Miljan.
Filename is "aimg29ukraf.zip" It also has AFCAD files which I can convert to P3Dv4 :D
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Version 1.1 of this package is now available, adding a ton of extra paints. No additional models or fixes are included in this update.