The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

MAIW KRMGMK Pilatus PC-9 Conversion Support

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Conversion Packages for FSX and P3D in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

MAIW KRMGMK Pilatus PC-9 Conversion Support

Post by Greg »

Post support related comments for the MAIW KRMGMK Pilatus PC-9 Conversion package in this thread.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: MAIW KRMGMK Pilatus PC-9 Conversion Support

Post by Joseph29 »

In the aircraft cfg file is the line PROP_ANIM_RATIO=2.10 needed? Over in the AIG forums I was told that line isn't needed in P3D for aircraft like the ATR's and other prop planes.

(I asked about a year and a half ago)
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

So if I understand this correctly, you asked a question 18 months ago and are still waiting for an answer.

The thing that puzzles me is that you haven't looked at an aircraft's prop in game to see how it looks, then commented out the line in the config file, then rechecked in game.
Why?

Now, i can't tell you the answer but to me if it looks different in the various phases of flight then the answer is yes.

The reason it was in there in the first place was so that the blades didn't appear stationary at certain throttle settings. It might be that P3D now uses the rpm and the gear reduction ratio parms to work this out now but it is simple enough to test out.
Steve
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Firebird wrote: 08 May 2019, 08:57 So if I understand this correctly, you asked a question 18 months ago and are still waiting for an answer.
No. I thought maybe the PROP_ANIM_RATIO= line was needed for this conversion only. I was told that line wasn't needed in the other AI props.
Firebird wrote: 08 May 2019, 08:57The thing that puzzles me is that you haven't looked at an aircraft's prop in game to see how it looks, then commented out the line in the config file, then rechecked in game.
Why?
Because I was never really sure what that actually did.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

The line, if it still works, would be applicable to any aircraft that has props and uses it.

I understand that you may not be completely aware of its use, but I think my comment is still valid for this reason.
You knew it had to be related to props so You could still check to see if there is any difference, which again, would tell you whether you needed it or not.

There was another option which was to search for the answer, which I did, and the first return from google in searching for 'prop_anin_ratio in p3d' was a question from Martin in the official P3D forum in Jan '18 and was answered.
Steve
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Thanks. It looks like I will have to go back and add that line to all my AI prop planes.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The PROP_ANIM_RATIO= is a throw back to FS2002 and works also in FS9. It's use is to create a steady spin of the prop disc in the required direction (clockwise or anti clockwise) by altering the value (+ or-). I have yet to find a formula to calculate the value for the particular prop drivers in the FDE for the particular aircraft.

The value has to go in each aircraft entry in the aircraft.cfg file. Without a formula to calculate the ratio, I wait until I have say 10 aircraft painted and on a flight line. I then assign a slightly different value to each of the 10 aircraft and then observe the start-up, taxi and take-off of each. I can then pick the value that gives the best performance and then apply that to them all.

I have read and also found from experience that the ratio has no effect in FSX. The same may therefore be true for P3Dv4, but work or not, I tend to leave the entry in for FSX and P3Dv4.

John
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

I have removed this line from all of my P3Dv4 AI aircraft that had it with no adverse effects !
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
Sophie Marketa
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Sophie Marketa »

Another great conversion by the team, thank you all for doing this. As for the aircraft config, if its not broken, don't touch it is my moto as it won't do any damage if that part of the config is not read by your flight sim version.
Best regards, Sophie W
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Any reported issues with canopy transparency?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Are you reporting one?
Steve
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Not with transparency, but some models don't have the blueish shine that was applied to the canopy glass late in the conversion process. This is already fixed in Matrix and will be fixed with update 1.1 of the standalone package.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Ok, I'll wait on the update and report back. I only noticed on the BAe Warton PC-9s while testing. Everything looks fine in MCX.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Post by gavinc »

Victory103 wrote: 25 Jun 2019, 21:03 Ok, I'll wait on the update and report back. I only noticed on the BAe Warton PC-9s while testing. Everything looks fine in MCX.
What exactly did you notice? and which of the many PC-9 model variants is it please.

thanks
Gavin
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Version 1.1 of this package is now available, fixing the canopy glass on some of the bonus models. This update is already live in Matrix.

https://militaryaiworks.com/download-ha ... conversion