The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

MAIW NBAI Grumman F-14 Tomcat Conversion Support

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Conversion Packages for FSX and P3D in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

MAIW NBAI Grumman F-14 Tomcat Conversion Support

Post by Greg »

Post support related comments for the MAIW NBAI Grumman F-14 Tomcat Conversion package in this thread.
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Re: MAIW NBAI Grumman F-14 Tomcat Conversion

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Great to see the Tomcat back in action! However a quick question, I noticed that only one of the B models was done the dry med intercept model. The fleet intercept, max intercept, and clean models are not there. Are there any plans to include the rest of the B-Cats? Thanks
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

There was only one B model released plus 5x A models and 3x D models.

If I remember correctly the B model was the one off prototype and not the A+ that was later renamed to B
Steve
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by jetpilot1980 »

I see… That would be correct...What threw me and I guess it was from when I set up my FS9/X packages back in the day is that there are subfolders for all of those guessing how the packages came from whatever source I had; but going into the folders themselves they all contain the same "dry" model. Thanks
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

It could very well be that somebody wanted to simulate the A+ or B models and thought that it would be helpful to copy and rename other model folders.
There is nothing wrong with this but it can confuse people years later when the original reason is lost in the mists of time. As you say the only way to tell is to look at the name and size of the original mdl files to work it out. I admit I just went back and looked at the original Top Gun package before posting my reply.
Steve