The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

MAIW MBAI Lockheed S-3 Viking Conversion Support

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Conversion Packages for FSX and P3D in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

MAIW MBAI Lockheed S-3 Viking Conversion Support

Post by gsnde »

Post support related comments for the MAIW MBAI Lockheed S-3 Viking conversion in this thread.
Cheers,
Martin
Colonel
Colonel

Re: MAIW MBAI Lockheed S-3 Viking Conversion Support

Post by Victory103 »

Showing some texture anomalies (missing) below canopy, both sides and all models.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
hschuit
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by hschuit »

Chris, I do not see that on my end but I only tested in P3Dv4.5. Without having seen what you see my guess is that the lightmap texture is not read correctly. There is a common texture named MBAI S3_L.dds which should be in the common sim texture folder. Can you please check this texture is where it should be?

Henk.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Thanks, was doing my initial checks in Martin's AIAE program and the lightmap was in the global texture file, causing the missing textures to show the checkerboard. In game, v4.5, I can see it was the formation lights.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Good point though. I must have missed to add this location to the search path.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Post by gavinc »

Victory103 wrote: 13 May 2020, 05:45 Thanks, was doing my initial checks in Martin's AIAE program and the lightmap was in the global texture file, causing the missing textures to show the checkerboard. In game, v4.5, I can see it was the formation lights.
This brings up a good point.

Not to pick on Chris specifically but if anyone is reporting an "issue", whether with conversions or new releases, please make sure that you are seeing the issue in the SIM not just in MCX or AIAE.

Thanks
Gavin