The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Orbx Compatibility

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
Hazza
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Orbx Compatibility

Post by Hazza »

I assume it is but can you confirm this is all (airports in particular) Orbx compatible i.e. FTX Vector and and the AEC tool recognise and can adjust?
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: Orbx Compatibility

Post by Greg »

I'm running it together with ORBX Global and Vector on my machine so yes they are compatible. Here and there I needed to exclude a road or river due to the original design of the airfield, but nothing too serious.

I haven't tried AEC in auto mode, but you can always go through the list and disable each one manually. There aren't too many AFD's yet in this release. ;)
jason99vmi
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jason99vmi »

I'm curious though if I have AU region and FTX Global if it will read those AFDs first or these Matrix AFDs?
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

FTX Global doesn't contain AFD's so there's no conflict for that part.
FTX AU Australia is a completely different beast. I haven't got it personally but maybe someone else may tell you if they have conflicts between Matrix AFD's and the ones included in FTX Australia.
airplanedoktor
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by airplanedoktor »

From what I have on my machine with FTX AU, there are no conflicts as FTX AU does not include AFDs for the miltary airports. North island and South Island is a different story though. I just disabled the files I didn't want.

Cheers!
Ripcord
Captain
Captain

Post by Ripcord »

ORBX full fat regions, with just one exception, contain ALL AFDs for every airfield in the region. The exception, however is Australia, and that is just for historical reasons. I think a new version of that region is in the offing, and so I am not privy to those plans.

I have gone through and 'adapted' many of the ORBX AFDs to include parking, using the parking codes so as to accommodate many MAIW packages. Did a bunch of them for England, I remember. Not something I'd care to share, because they are far from perfect, and I don't want to get sideways with the ORBX folks, but it was fun.