The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Matrix confusion

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
vgbaron
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

Matrix confusion

Post by vgbaron »

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum - didn't see a "new topic" in the support forums.
I want to set up P3D with Military AI - after browsing here for a bit I'm a bit confused. I see the Matrix product which seems like it is/will be a relatively seamless way to install Military AI. Then, in the download sections I see download for all the flightplans that can be used with he V4 converted models.

So, is it an either/or situation? Meaning are the "flightplans" already contained in the Matrix project or are they added outside of that?

Sorry for the confusion -

Thanx,

Vic Baron
jason99vmi
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Matrix confusion

Post by jason99vmi »

vgbaron wrote: 27 Jun 2018, 21:39 Sorry if this is in the wrong forum - didn't see a "new topic" in the support forums.
I want to set up P3D with Military AI - after browsing here for a bit I'm a bit confused. I see the Matrix product which seems like it is/will be a relatively seamless way to install Military AI. Then, in the download sections I see download for all the flightplans that can be used with he V4 converted models.

So, is it an either/or situation? Meaning are the "flightplans" already contained in the Matrix project or are they added outside of that?

Sorry for the confusion -

Thanx,

Vic Baron
Vic-

Matrix is one stop shop for everything. Aircraft, repaints, flightplans, effects, etc. The v4 flightplan file you see in the downloads was for those who had downloaded the models converted to v4 BEFORE Matrix came out.

You can download those models released for v4 now but then when say N. America gets release in Matrix you'll have to pick out the duplicates or just remove the previous models/files all together.

Long answer short, I would just use Matrix to install everything.
vgbaron
Cadet
Cadet

Post by vgbaron »

Ah, that's what I expected but thanx for the confirmation. Will get started with it tonight.

Thanx again Jason,

Vic
jason99vmi
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jason99vmi »

vgbaron wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 16:49 Ah, that's what I expected but thanx for the confirmation. Will get started with it tonight.

Thanx again Jason,

Vic
Np. One thing you may want to do is fix AFCADs. While Matrix does provide AFCADs and i guess we'll see which ones are provided with N America. P3D didn't include decent default AFCADs for air bases so most lack military parking. Most AFCADs on here are FS9. But there are some FSX AFCADs in the downloads but you can find some on AVSIM library as well. Cause we all No Parking = No AI.
delta64heavy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by delta64heavy »

I want to change the folder that Matrix installs the packagaes into. Right now it is installing into ex. C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3dv4 but I want it to go into C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4. How do I change that?
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

delta64heavy wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 19:41 I want to change the folder that Matrix installs the packagaes into. Right now it is installing into ex. C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3dv4 but I want it to go into C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4. How do I change that?
The only way to do that right now is by changing it in the config file. Note that you'll need to uninstall all regions and the global libs package if you have them installed. After the change, you can reinstall everything.

Browse to the folder "C:\Users\You\AppData\Local\Military_AI_Works\Matrix.exe_GUID\1.0.1.0" where you is your Windows account name and GUID is just a long number. In it, you'll see a file called "user.config". (You'll need to enable hidden folders in Windows if you haven't already or you won't see the AppData folder).

Open the file, change the path under "InstallPath" and save.

You can check if your changes were successful by going to the "Settings" tab in Matrix.