The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

African Region Question

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

African Region Question

Post by Victory103 »

Greg, Matrix manual states some packages are from 3rd party developers, I noticed the Botswana Def Forces didn't make it into the African Region update (paints for C-130,B200, D328 on Avsim)?

Separate North African region for the large Egyptian Forces?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: African Region Question

Post by Greg »

LOL... a lot of stuff didn't make it. If you expect everything that gets published on the net to show up in Matrix you're going to be disappointed with every update. ;)

Focus right now is on releasing the remaining 3 regions. The new C-130's in the African region were simply a nice extra since Jim already did the hard work converting them to FSX format.

When all 6 regions are out, focus will shift to adding more stuff to them, but be careful with false expectations.
bvanhout
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bvanhout »

Greg,

I have created flight plans for the Botswana C-130's and I am willing to share them.
If you like I am willing get the permission of the author of the Botswana C-130 repaint and the author of the ADE file for their home base of FBTP - Thebephatshwa and share these to add to a future Africa Matrix.

I also have flight plans (5 week cycle) for SAAF C-130's as well as ADE files done for all SAAF bases (my own work) as well as a good quality repaint done by a friend. With necessary permission I am willing to share the repaint and my flight plans and ADE files for a future Matrix Africa update.

Brian
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Excellent Brian. That's the spirit! :D

I'd be more than happy to integrate any 3rd party content that is offered. In fact, when NA is released I intend to publish instructions for devs who want to offer their content for inclusion into the Matrix regions.
bvanhout
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bvanhout »

Hi Greg,

Ok I have the permission already for the South African C-130 so will get that, the flight plans and the ADE files to you.

Cheers
Brian
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Looking forward to them Brian.
bvanhout
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bvanhout »

Greg,

The first part of the MAIW Africa addons has been sent.

Brian