The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Matrix negitive auto update

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
stovepipe707
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Matrix negitive auto update

Post by stovepipe707 »

My Matrix still running 1.1.0 after the library and europe package update released a couple of days ago. Why didn't it auto update to 1.2.1?
stovepipe707
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Matrix negitive auto update

Post by stovepipe707 »

*didn't it....lol
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

The version of Matrix is independent of the package updates and has its own update system. But if you're on 1.1.0, you shouldn't even have Europe as an option. It should still show "coming soon" so I'm a bit confused.

Your current version of Matrix can be seen in the lower-left corner. Can you confirm you see 1.1.0 there but don't get an autoupdate popup when you start Matrix (and you're actually connected to the internet)? And can you verify your statement about the Europe package update?
stovepipe707
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by stovepipe707 »

Hey Greg. Thanks for the timely response.
Yes I am running 1.1.0. Maybe I am the one who is confused. I do not have Europe as an option. The matrix updated a few days ago, and I was under the impression it was also an "app" update as with some library files. So with that, I was thinking the matrix app auto updated to the newer version with the other files. Guess I was wrong. I didn't know there was a new installer. As I said, I thought it auto updated. Got it sorted out now Thanks
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Ah okay glad you got it sorted.

If you're a bit into gaming then this may be a way to understand it:

Matrix is like Steam and the packages are like games on Steam. You use Matrix to install packages just like you use Steam to install games. Updating Steam doesn't update your games. And updating a game doesn't update Steam. The two are completely separate.
stovepipe707
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by stovepipe707 »

Got it. Thanks buddy!!! :smt006