The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

No planes at all

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
TopoGigio
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

No planes at all

Post by TopoGigio »

Hello,

first of all I´d like to thank you for this necessary tool that integrates all the AI traffic.

The thing is that I have installed the tool, with the libraries and the regions but I cannot seen any planes. I use P3D V4.2 and I have installed the files not in C:\ but in another drive.

Any idea of what is happening???

Thank you in advance.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: No planes at all

Post by Greg »

Hi,

Where exactly are you looking? Not all airfields are converted yet so if you're at a default airfield without any parking, then you won't see any planes.

For lists of included airfields, check out the documentation per region.
TopoGigio
Cadet
Cadet

Post by TopoGigio »

For example, in Gran Canaria (GCLP) I do not see any Spanish F-18. The same in Morón (LEMO) with the Eurofighter.
In the past there was no problem but with this tool I do not know what´s happening. I am sure that I am doing something wrong but I do not Know what :(
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

OK specifically for the EF-18s the wingspan is not an issue so if they are not appearing then one of 4 things is not correct.
1. The F/A-18 FSX models are not installed.
2. The flightplans are not installed.
3. The flightplans for the EdA aircraft do not match the titles from the aircraft.cfg file.
4. There is no afcad for that base that includes parking spots.

So are you able to check to see if any of those issues exist on your system?
Steve
TopoGigio
Cadet
Cadet

Post by TopoGigio »

I do not know.
The flightplans are installed in the folder: Military AI Works\MAIW_EUROPE\MAIW_EUROPE_WORLD\Scenery
The AFCADs are ok, since they worked properly before v4.
The models are ok: Military AI Works\MAIW_EUROPE\MAIW_EUROPE_AIRCRAFT
The program is installed outside Prepar3d V4 main folder and not in C:\
So... What´s wrong whit that??
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Nothing wrong with that. Steve's advise is valid in general but since this is about Matrix you don't have to worry about points 1 to 3.

Point 4 is valid for Morón since its default AFD doesn't include parking space, but the default Gran Canaria does so you should definitely see F-18's there if you have succesfully installed region Europe.

If you say you see no planes at all, what is probably wrong with your setup is that it contains one or more traffic files in FS9 format instead of FSX format. All your traffic files should be in FSX format, which is the case for all traffic files that come with the Matrix regions. You will have to use a tool like AIFP and scan your system. If you find any, AIFP can convert them automatically for you. Both options are under the "Bulk Traffic" menu in AIFP ("Find FS9 Traffic Files" and "Convert FS9 Traffic Files to FSX").
TopoGigio
Cadet
Cadet

Post by TopoGigio »

Well, OK. I have decompiled the EF-18 Spanish Hornets´file and I have added the @ to the flightplans and now it works.

The thing is that in my scenery folder cohexist bgls in both formats (FS9 ans FSX) and I always have seen all the planes. No problem at all. Your files should have worked in FSX format.

Then I am afraid that I will have to do the same operation for the rest of the files.

Anyway, thank you so much for your help. At least I now know where the problem resides ;)
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I am confused here. Why would you add '@' to the flightplans?

Are you saying that you store your FSX format plans with your FS9 format plans?
You can't do that. If FSX or P3D find an FS9 format plan it will block out the FSX formatted plans for that area. This is a well known issue causing traffic not to show up. This would explain your problem.
The only reason it would now work is if you removed the FS9 formatted plans.

You must keep your FS9 and FSX formatted plans in separate folders and the FS9 traffic folder can't be active to P3D.

Can you confirm all this, or did I read it wrong?
Steve
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

TopoGigio wrote: 11 Aug 2018, 19:19 Well, OK. I have decompiled the EF-18 Spanish Hornets´file and I have added the @ to the flightplans and now it works.
That is because you compiled the traffic file again in FS9 format. The @ is irrelevant. If there is a mix of FS9 format and FSX format traffic files, only those in FS9 format will work.

You did the exact opposite of what I advised. :wink:
TopoGigio
Cadet
Cadet

Post by TopoGigio »

The majority of my plans are in FS9 format. That´s why I do not want to change them.

OK, I will take into account the @, haha. I save one step :)

Maybe I am confused and all my plans are in FS9 format. Before I took the original plans in FS9 format and convert them into FSX, thinking that then they will work in P3D. A few months ago I was told that that was unnecesary because P3D can perfectly work with plans in FS9 format. Since then, I just compile them with TTools.

I suppose you two are right and I was a little bit confuse with the formats.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Your are right about the FS9 plans working in P3D.
However, there are two things to bear in mind. Firstly, some of the ICAOs changed in FSX/P3D so some places will never get any traffic. Secondly, The first day of the week changed with FSX so all your plans will be one day out unless re=compiled. FS9 day 0 is Sunday FSX day 0 is Monday.

Finally, apart from those two things, if all traffic is in FS9 format it will all show up and work. If there are some in FSX format and there is even one in FSX format then the FSX format traffic will not show up. This is a designed feature.

So you have to have completely separate traffic folders, if you have the two systems, and no FS9 traffic must be in an active scenery folder for it to work properly.
Steve
TopoGigio
Cadet
Cadet

Post by TopoGigio »

OK. Thank you so much for these clarifications. I will take them into account for the future ;)
Shylock_7
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Post by Shylock_7 »

The only way to have the planes visible in p3dv4.3 is to have general aviation up to about 50%? I ask because I use UTL for my commercial traffic and when I turn up general in game I get all the default airliners.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Renaming trafficAircraft.bgl in Scenery\World\Scenery to trafficAircraft.off will disable all the default traffic and you can turn your slider back up to 100%.
MrRockoutLoud
Cadet
Cadet

Post by MrRockoutLoud »

Greg wrote: 07 Sep 2018, 16:36 Renaming trafficAircraft.bgl in Scenery\World\Scenery to trafficAircraft.off will disable all the default traffic and you can turn your slider back up to 100%.
That fixed it for me, I was in the same boat as Shylock_7 . Having UTL but not wanting default and no military stuff appearing. Thanks! :D