The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Traffic does not appear

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
PlaneCpt
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Traffic does not appear

Post by PlaneCpt »

After intalling and activating regions Europe, Asia and Africa, I unfortunately have no traffic whatsoever. Airbases like Sigonella, Decimomannu, Aviano should have in fact heavy traffic. My P3D V4.3 is freshly installed, I have no FS9 traffic files whatsoever. What confuses me is that all MAIW packages are in a separate folder, meaning the aircraf and traffic files are not in the usual scenery and SImObjects folders.
I figure that this is intentional and should work anyway.
But since it doesnt, I don't know what to do. Should I move anything around?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Traffic does not appear

Post by Firebird »

Firstly, lets check the very obvious cause of no traffic. How do you know that there is no FS9 traffic? Did you use something like AIFP to check?
Steve
PlaneCpt
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by PlaneCpt »

Well, my assumption was that if Matrix only works with P3D V4 and packages that are converted for V4 there should be no FS9 traffic files. I have no other packages installed, my scenery/World/scenery folder is pretty empty. Am I wrong with assuming that?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yes indeed. The reason I say this is that some traffic files, vehicular and flypast in particular, are placed in scenery folders. I have also seen third party scenery from other sites that contain traffic files in their scenery folders.

If you have AIFP use the "Find FS9 Traffic Files' option". If you are not using AIFP I really would suggest that you download and install it. Use the option for this and then investigate all the other features that it contains at your leisure. You will be amazed how useful it is.

Once you have checked that there is indeed no FS9 traffic then we can look at other causes.
Steve
PlaneCpt
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by PlaneCpt »

I checked, there are 15 files, 14 Midnight Hawks Demo files and 1 Aviano F-16 traffic file.
So what do i do and how do I do it?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK it is very simple. The option under the "Find FS9 Traffic Files' option" is "Convert FS9 Traffic Files to FSX" you just run that.

Now if you are the ultra cautious type back up those files somewhere before you run it. When you do you can will see that it has various options including adding an _FSX suffix and deleting the FS9 files after conversion (hence why the safety backup).

Just select the scenery library option to ensure that everything in your scenery.cfg is converted and then I am guessing that you will have traffic.
Steve
PlaneCpt
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by PlaneCpt »

I have noticed that these same flightplans exist also in FSX format in the same folder. Have removed all FS9 traffic files. Still nothing...
airplanedoktor
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by airplanedoktor »

What level are your AI sliders set to? I recall having to play with the GA Slider to get them to show in Oceania.
PlaneCpt
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by PlaneCpt »

airplanedoktor wrote: 29 Sep 2018, 15:54 What level are your AI sliders set to? I recall having to play with the GA Slider to get them to show in Oceania.

Ahm... thank you, They were set to 0. Yes, I do feel stupid right now. :? :lol:
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Don't worry PlaneCpt, it happens and the very first check most here will advise. At least your AS F-14x repaints show your attention to detail.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris