The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

F-15's Lakenheath

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
pcremin
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

F-15's Lakenheath

Post by pcremin »

First of all, thank you for the massive effort from the MAIW team in converting a and upgrading MAIW packages to P3D and for developing the new MATRIX installer.

However, i appear to have an issue with missing F-15's at Lakenheath, in other word none of the three squadrons seem to present, even though version 2 says they should be there? Can you help me with this please.

In addition are there plans to upgrade to Ian McCartney's fantastic Lakenheath scenery package?

Kind Regards

Paul
Trevytt2004
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Re: F-15's Lakenheath

Post by Trevytt2004 »

Hey there Paul....

kinda confused as to what version of EGUL youre using as Ian has updated it for P3D and it works perfectly.

see the link..

https://militaryaiworks.com/download-ha ... ed-kingdom

once youre using this scenery and the matrix euro region, you should have F-15's all over.

Have you checked to see if you have any FS9 traffic files anywhere...also..do you have any other traffic working?

Trev
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Hi Paul, thank you for your kind words.

Trev is already asking the right questions, so I won't repeat them. :)

Answering your last question, no or at least not for the moment. We're only including some light scenery here and there that is mostly built with generic objects or just one or two light custom scenery libs like John Stinstrom's sceneries. Ian's scenery is quite a bit heavier because it is so detailed. We want to keep the size of the regions manageable.
pcremin
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by pcremin »

Trev/Greg

At the moment I am using the default package, unless there was an upgrade as part of the US continent upload, but no F-15's are present. In Mildenhall I have Ospreys and hers, but note no 100arw yet? I am am sing a clean system with no FS9 files. I haven't attempted to use any addon scenery yet for P3D as i am a recent convert. Is this a relatively straight forward process?

Greg - perfectly understand your response

Paul
pcremin
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by pcremin »

This time in English

Trev/Greg

At the moment I am using the default P3Dv4 package, unless there was an upgrade as part of the US continent upload, but no F-15's are present. In Mildenhall I have Ospreys and Hercules, but I note there are no KC-135 from the 100 ARW yet? I am am using a clean system with no FS9 files. I haven't attempted to use any addon scenery yet for P3D as i am a recent convert. Is this a relatively straight forward process?

Greg - perfectly understand your response

Paul
Trevytt2004
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Trevytt2004 »

Paul,

you say you're not using any addon scenery yet for p3d...I assume you have ians lakenheath scenery installed and activated?
to check when you have p3d running go to the scenery library and check you have it added and activated.

the European matrix region I believe contains flight plans for the f-15s at egul...so once the package is installed, they should show.

also check your traffic sliders too...cant remember off the top of my head whether they're set to show at medium or max if you get my drift..
if that doesn't work then we need to look at where your files are installed and check thru things bit by bit, a relatively simple process.

the 100arw 135's haven't been converted as of yet officially as the author wasn't around to give permission, but I believe this has now been rectified and at some point id imagine the 135's will appear in an update on the matrix......

trev
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

The current version of the European region doesn't include an AFD (Airport Facility Data) file for EGUL, as it does for EGUN. If you haven't installed any scenery or AFD for EGUL, you won't see any traffic because the default AFD file included in P3D doesn't have any parking spots.

The readme file of every region tells you which airfields and units are included. You'll find an overview of all the documentation for Matrix in this thread.

Like Trev I advise you download and install Ian's scenery for EGUL. You can get it from our Download Hangar. The installation instructions are pretty straight-forward.
pcremin
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by pcremin »

Thanks guys for your help - but i a still struggling with the same issue. I have reinstalled P3Dv4 and installed Lakenheath v2 from the library, i have added the scenery and is showing with a tick in the box. When loading Lakenheath, the scenery looks great, but still no aircraft - so i am not sure what's going on. Is there default scenery which i need to deactivate? I am using the Orbx stems. Grateful for any more suggestions

Thanks

Paul
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

First things first.
Do you have the traffic file for EGUL on your system?

The next thing is that the original Lakenheath package uses the NBAI F-15s, which I don't believe have been converted to FSX/P3D so they wouldn't be on your system.
The JYAI ones were not in a package but were released outside MAIW as a standalone installation.

So what F-15s do you have installed?
Matrix installs flightplans but not the aircraft. Have you installed any?
Steve
pcremin
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by pcremin »

So the JYAI version and repaints are included in the North America package, but I have just noticed that there is no traffic file, which probably explains why there are no aircraft.Can you point me to a P3Dv4 compatible file for EGUL

Thanks
pcremin
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by pcremin »

Apologies - Looking more closely at the MAIW Europe Installation - it contains the following files related to EGUL:

MAIW_WORLD_EUROPE\Scenery
Traffic_48th FW RAF Lakenheath_FSX.bgl

MAIW_WORLD_AIRCRAFT\
MAIW_ACG_F-15_C_D (JYAI Models and repaints for LN)
MAIW_ACG_F-15_E (JYAI Models and repaints for LN)
MAIW_ACG_H-60_USAFPaveHawks (JYAI Models and repaints for LN)

So as far as i can see the files are there but they are just not showing
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Firebird wrote: 27 Oct 2018, 19:59 Matrix installs flightplans but not the aircraft. Have you installed any?
Steve, Matrix installs a modified traffic file and the associated JYAI F-15's.
pcremin wrote: 27 Oct 2018, 17:48 I am using the Orbx stems.
You mean you have ORBX EU England installed? I don't have it myself but that could be the issue. Normally, the ORBX regions contain AFD files for all airfields in that region but they are burried inside the ORBX folder structure and difficult to find (and disable).

Open explorer and navigate to the ORBX folder (..\Prepar3D v4\ORBX). Do a search there for *EGUL* and let me know what you find.
pcremin
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by pcremin »

OK - here are the files associated with EGUL that are installed with Orbx:

ADE_FTX_ENG_EGUL.BGL
ADE_FTX_ENG_EGUL_CVX.bgl
FTX_ENG_EGUL_objects.bgl

Paul
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Greg wrote: 28 Oct 2018, 11:14
Firebird wrote: 27 Oct 2018, 19:59 Matrix installs flightplans but not the aircraft. Have you installed any?
Steve, Matrix installs a modified traffic file and the associated JYAI F-15's.
Fair enough, Greg. I wasn't aware of that.
Steve
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

No worries Steve :) Matrix has become more than just the legacy MAIW packages in P3D. A lot of new stuff is being added, often updating our old packages.
pcremin wrote: 28 Oct 2018, 11:42 OK - here are the files associated with EGUL that are installed with Orbx:

ADE_FTX_ENG_EGUL.BGL
ADE_FTX_ENG_EGUL_CVX.bgl
FTX_ENG_EGUL_objects.bgl
There you go. I suggest you rename the extension of all 3 files to .off and see if that solves your problem.
pcremin
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by pcremin »

Greg, Steve & Trev

Thank you guys for being patient with me and for helping me out. I now have traffic at EGUL - It looks amazing! keep up the good work - you do an fantastic job for the community
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Glad it's sorted.

Keep in mind that when an update comes out for ORBX EU England, the bgl files will be added again and you'll need to repeat the same process.