The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Duplicate SimObjects

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
lharv71
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Duplicate SimObjects

Post by lharv71 »

This is a great program, however when I install the Far East and North America I get a "huge" amount of duplicates when starting P3D v4, any ideas?

Lee "Oz" Harvey
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: Duplicate SimObjects

Post by RKE »

Two possibilities off the top of my head: Either multiple addon.xml files by error, or you've got the same AI installed manually, such as the recent helo packs by John Young, Brent Newman and others.
retnavycpo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by retnavycpo »

I am having the same problem now. I do not see any addon.xml file problems. This is really annoying. I finally uninstalled North America until I can get a solution for this. Pete
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Hi Pete. Did you check RKE's suggestion? If you installed for instance John Young's packs manually and then install Matrix regions, you'll have duplicate SimObjects unless you remove your manually installed aircraft.
retnavycpo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by retnavycpo »

Thanks Greg, for your reply. I will continue to try and find a answer. It happens every time I install any of the regions. I have not manually installed any of John Young's packs. Pete