The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

MAIW Update

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
aspen31
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

MAIW Update

Post by aspen31 »

Hi all
Great packages! Thanks for making them available as Freeware. I have V 1.4.0 installed and my MAIW window tells me that a North American update is available. When I attempt to install it I am told the "something went wrong with the update and to contact MAIW through the forums. I have P3D V4.4 (recently) installed. Help or suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
Warren
aspen31
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: MAIW Update

Post by aspen31 »

Hi again all
I have attached the MAIW log entry from my appdata folder'

2018-11-30 11:01:52.6940 - ERROR: Update Error
EXCEPTION: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files(X86)\Military AI Works\MAIW_NA\MAIW_NA_OBJECTS\Scenery\MAIW_Nellis_Tree_Objects_Library.bgl' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
at Matrix.Wpf.MainWindow.<ClickUpdateButton>d__35.MoveNext()
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Please bear with us. The mastermind behind the whole Matrix project is away on work duties at the moment. It may take a little for him to get to see this.

However in the meantime have a look at this post https://militaryaiworks.com/forums/83/17852?start=20 to see if it fixes your issue.
Quite often if you search you will find that somebody else has already had the same issue as yourself.
Steve
aspen31
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by aspen31 »

Hi
I did see that post and looked at the appdata but the 1 instead of 0 is already in place so nothing I can see to change there.
Thanks so far.
Warren
aspen31
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by aspen31 »

Hi
Not sure why since I could find no evidence of any program using Nellis as noted in the "appdata" log but I restarted the computer anyway and the latest update worked this time - perhaps P3D was running in some way in the background although the task manager didn't note anything - in any case all good now.
Thanks again
Warren
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Things like ADE and MCX will use the libs directly so you have to ensure that no ancillary FS related proggies are open at the time you are updating.
Glad you fixed it.
Steve