The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Best way to disable sections

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
vgbaron
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

Best way to disable sections

Post by vgbaron »

Trying to set up a more efficient scenery.cfg file in P3D 4.4.
I know I can manually install/uninstall specific areas but would it be more efficient and/or work better to just enable/disable the areas in the scenery library. Or would disabling the addonxml within p3d.

Thanx,

Vic
hschuit
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Best way to disable sections

Post by hschuit »

I use the Lorby-SI Prepar3D V3.3+/V4 Addon Organizer :

http://www.lorby-si.com
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Hi Vic! I'm not sure what this has to do with Matrix since the Matrix add-on.xml files add stuff dynamically to the scenery.cfg.

Or is this a general question? Then indeed the Addon Organizer suggested by Henk is the best way if you want a GUI to manage addons.
vgbaron
Cadet
Cadet

Post by vgbaron »

I'll revisit the Lorby AO. I had tried it and it seemed to work but I noticed my load times didn't change when MAIW was disabled. When I uninstalled them as opposed to disabling them, my load time decreased significantly. Wondered if there was a better way.

I'll look at lorby again.

Thanx!
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Still not sure if you're talking about Matrix, but since this is the Matrix support forum...

The best way to temporarily disable an installed Matrix region (or multiple regions) is to go to the add-on manager in P3Dv4 and untick the box for the region you want to disable. You don't need to fiddle with the xml or cfg files.