The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

P3D V4 AFB Only

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
Shamrock727
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

P3D V4 AFB Only

Post by Shamrock727 »

I have tried and failed at downloading regions with MAIW Matrix and adding the scenery into P3D manually then removing the regions (as they cause loading issues for me). Where can I find the scenery files for Air Force Bases such as KDOV and KADW etc for P34?

Thank you
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: P3D V4 AFB Only

Post by Firebird »

The simple answer is that they are only available as part of the Matrix packages.

Most people have been able to get the Matrix packages fine but a few have had failures, mostly related to the size of the US download.
If you say what your problem is we may be able to fix your issue for you.
Steve
Shamrock727
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

Post by Shamrock727 »

My issue is that it takes over 10 minutes for P3D to start or sometimes it won't start at all and will crash with an api.dll error. Where as if I do not have MAIW Matrix packages installed it will take an average of 2 minutes max and I will not experience any errors.

The installation directory is on another SSD which is merged with my primary SSD, but that shouldn't be the cause of the issue of slow loading times.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Not being a P3D user myself I can't really comment on start times or even P3D crashes.
I have read here that people have had both of these issues and I have read of many people reinstalling P3D quite often due to issues.
I also believe that the more addons you have to the game then the slower it will load. This is no different to FS9 or FSX. this is part of the reason I have a clean system mode for FS9 for when I am testing.

Now whilst i am not totally sure here, I believe that one of the reasons that Greg created the Matrix project was so that if anybody had to re-install the proggie you didn't have to re-install all the addons again, as they were saved outside the main P3D structure.
If I am wrong here Greg will correct me.

It does sound like the startup time is at least partly caused by the sheer size of the addons in the regions, but as I said earlier I would expect this.

Now what I really want to get to is this. Are you getting installation problems with the Matrix system, or is it that it is fine but you find it too slow and want to be able to remove/not install a lot of resources?

I am sure that Greg can answer in a lot more depth of the subject of the Matrix project.
Steve
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Indeed the loading time is simply due to the huge amount of traffic that is included. People who have all our legacy packages in FS9 experience the exact same thing, so it has nothing to do with Matrix per se. Just start P3Dv4, go have a coffee and come back to enjoy all the military traffic flying around. ;)

The api.dll crash is something else. I've never heard anyone report that issue before... If you get it again, can you post the full error message here?

I'm also interested in Steve's last question because you're contradicting yourself (failing to download regions versus the regions causing slow load times).
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Incidentally, I just did a google for 'api.dll crash P3D' and found this thread - http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index. ... ic=15721.0

According to this thread, which does give a solution, it is randomly associated with third party software attached to FSX and above.
It might be woth checking out.

It is a Windows thing, not a P3D thing nor a Matrix thing.
Steve