The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Activity Levels in MAIW BGL files

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
jabloomf1230
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

Activity Levels in MAIW BGL files

Post by jabloomf1230 »

I've been using Matrix since released, but first let me thank you for this terrific add-on. Along with the AIG Manager One Step Installer, having realistic and up to date AI traffic has just gotten a whole lot easier.

My question has to do with activity levels. It seems like most of the schedules have flightplans with levels between 30 and 70%. What setting in the sim approximates RW traffic levels using the default activity levels for IFR flightplans?

Also, unfortunately, I sometimes use VOXATC for AI traffic at 40% and even at Nellis AFB there is only a small number of aircraft on the ground, arriving and departing. I could bulk edit all the BGL files with AIFP and set them to a 1% activity level, but I'm wondering if there is another option. Alternatively, have you considered providing an option in the Matrix UI to offer a 1% activity level for all schedules and files? Of course, this makes no sense if the MAIW BGL files are set up as 50% approximating RW conditions.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: Activity Levels in MAIW BGL files

Post by Greg »

Hi! Thanks for the nice words. :)

At the moment, the traffic percentages in the traffic bgl files are those of the original FS9 packages and I must admit they are quite random. We never had a system in place for it, so it could be that one flightplan shows a full flight line at 40% while another flightplan only shows one or two flights with the same settings.

This is why we always advise everyone to set their traffic sliders to 100%, but that doesn't help you of course. On the other hand, it is impossible to tell you what percentage would resemble real world Ops because that's different for every unit and depends on so many things (deployments, exercises, a/c availability,...).

Now there are two options to bring all traffic bgl files to the same standard, and that's either setting all activity levels at 1% or randomising all activity levels. I'll give this some more thought.
jabloomf1230
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

Re: Activity Levels in MAIW BGL files

Post by jabloomf1230 »

Thanks, it's easy to set all plans to 1% with AIFP, so that's what I'll do.